Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.18

Start from the beginning

Before Cheng Bi Yu could explain herself Zhou Tong jumps in, "-You're mistaken Miss Hong this is Tang Mu Lan, the Advisor's twin sister—"

Meigui and Yi-Hsuan  turned to each other confused turning ahead Meigui then says, "..I was unaware that Gege Ying Jie had a sister yet alone a twin—" Meigui then went on to introduce herself and Yi-Hsuan over again.

"..I apologize for mistaking your identity-" her soft voice was audible to Cheng Bi Yu who gave the fragile teen a hearty smile, "..No hard feelings. You're pardoned. I'd be a monster not to pardon such a cute girl as yourself-"

Meigui shy away, "..Miss Tang's words are endearing-" she hands her handkerchief to Yi-Hsuan, "..Mu Lan you should come with us to the Flower Pond it's a restaurant I love to frequent, it serves the best wontons! I just know you'd love it—" Meigui invites her with a double agenda.

Cheng Bi Yu rejects the invite, "..I better not-" Meigui smile plundered, "Oh-" she lowered her gaze playing with her fingers, "..Maybe next time Miss Tang will accept my treat-" Cheng Bi Yu felt conflicted but melted at Meigui's saddened expression.

"..I'll go!-" Cheng Bi Yu rushed Meigui lifts her head her big eyes sparkled a wide smile spread across her lips, "..Really?!-" Cheng Bi Yu nods she stepped forth marching on with the two teenagers Meigui stopped in her tracks turning back towards the men, "You two should also come—"

Zhou Tong went ahead and rejected the invitation knowing Zheng Yong would periodically do the same but he was shell shocked at his unpredicted reply, "..Of course, lead the way—"

Cheng Bi Yu was bewildered amongst other things anxious she bended the situation so she could escape from his prying eyes before he smelled the smoke.

[AN: To smell the smoke also means to unearth ones mask]

Zhou Tong was incomprehensibly shocked while they walked along the path to the restaurant he muttered to himself glancing at Zheng Yong, "..Had the sun risen from the east today?-"

Zheng Yong just wasn't acting like himself  today and to make it worst not even he understood what was happening, 'Just go with the flow-' he coached himself.

Arriving the group sat opposite each other as Meigui constantly made small talk asking personal questions about Tang Ying Jie occasionally Cheng Bi Yu felt awkward answering questions directed to her fake persona.

Along with wontons Meigui suggested that they all tried the fried eel as it was her second favorite dish and the restaurant's signature dish.

Zhou Tong quietly ate occasionally sneaking secret peeks at Tang Mu Lan Zheng Yong unfortunately found himself doing the same but instead of detesting it he liked it.

Yi-Hsuan lovesick couldn't pry her eyes off the handsome Officer Zhou her teen fantasy ran wild soon Yi-Hsuan frowned as she noticed Zhou Tong's small actions which made her direct her gaze to the distraction glaring at the unbeknownst woman whose attention focused on her fried eel.

The three had safely sent off Meigui and Yi-Hsuan Cheng Bi Yu waved then turned to leave escaping the men, "..Hold on-" Zhou Tong exclaimed obstructing her path, "..Let us give you a ride—"

Cheng Bi Yu was quick to reject his offer, "..I've troubled you both too much. It's best I get out of your air-"
"Well then see you next time," Zhou Tong says about to send her off Zheng Yong spoke after some time, "..Miss Tang ride with us-" this wasn't a suggestion but a demand giving Cheng Bi Yu no room to reject.

Thinking the men came on foot Cheng Bi Yu was about to set off when a bronze carriage strode up beside them, "..After you Miss Tang-" Zhou Tong notions, "Un.." Cheng Bi Yu boards the carriage sitting opposite of the men Cheng Bi Yu reached for the hairpin, "..I should return this to Magistrate Zheng-" she outstretched her palm forward.

Zheng Yong slants his eyes looking down at the hairpin in her palm then darts up to her face, "..Don't be ridiculous what use do I have for such a thing-"

Cheng Bi Yu retracts her palm tightly gripping the hairpin she averts her gaze outside the window silently deliberating.

The two men keenly observed the woman before them Cheng Bi Yu silently mumbled, "..What to do? What to do?-" Cheng Bi Yu was pressured to reach Jiang Court before them she abruptly shouts gripping  the window ledge, "..This is my stop! I'll get off here!—" she announced swinging open the corner she jumps down not sparing the men a glance she practically dashed through the streets hurrying to get back Zhou Tong slumps back creasing his brows, "..Well that was weird—"

Zheng Yong eyes narrowed suspiciously at her retreating figure, "Weird indeed. Push on," the carriage started moving again, "..We should hurry back-" Zhou Tong nods it was noon Zheng Yong focused outside the window Zheng Yong had a theory and he wanted to see his suspicions weren't far fetched.

"..Told you-" Mei-Liang jumped frightened when Cheng Bi Yu had dashed into the room, "..You scared me to death!-" she exclaimed gripping her chest Cheng Bi Yu exclaimed kicking off her boots, "..We're both going to be dead if I don't get changed. Help me-"

"..Un-" Mei-Liang ran over, "..Hurry up!-" Cheng Bi Yu pressed impatiently Mei-Liang frustratedly exclaimed, "..I'm going as fast as I can-"

"..And done!-" Cheng Bi Yu ran outside with Mei-Liang in tow she hurriedly sit around the table, "..Miss your hair!-" Cheng Bi Yu's hand shot up swiftly snatching the hairpin she hid it up her sleeve just in time for Zhou Tong and Zheng Yong to enter and approach her.

"Advisor Tang you're here?.." Zheng Yong expressed surprise with a sprinkled hint of disbelief his suspicious gaze wondered along her face Cheng Bi Yu tilts scrunching her brows confused, "..Why wouldn't I be? I've been right here since you've left," she straightened deliberately adding, "..I was given clear instructions to stay put and not leave or else my position at Jiang Court would be jeopardized. You had given those orders yourself, don't you remember?-"

Zheng Yong furrows his brows, "-Pardon me," he abruptly left leaving them behind in the dust.

Cheng Bi Yu scrunched watching his retreating figure,"What's wrong with him?.."

Zhou Tong then steps forward filling her in, "...Magistrate Zheng has been acting strange since morning that if I didn't know better I'd think he wasn't himself—"

"I wonder why is that?—" Cheng Bi Yu mumbles under her breath she turned panicked staring at the path he left, "..Did he find out?!-" she silently muttered.