"Well since we're all sharing our good news, Xael does the offer still stand for the cook's job?"

"It definitely does James! You really want it?!"

"Yup! I have no place pressing to be anymore. Just as long as I can park my camper somewhere, I'm good."

"Well there's a spot right behind the diner. Do you think that will work for him Grams?"

"Oh yes! There are already hookups there. An old trailer used to sit back there so you're all set for water, sewage and electrical dear!"

"Awesome! When do you want me to start?"

"Get settled first, the diner isn't going anywhere! You guys might as well stay the night and we can all meet at the diner in the morning. Chris and Eli, you guys can crash here and the rest of you can stay at Adam's old apartment. We'll get things figured out tomorrow."

"Well what about me?!" Ted didn't want to be left out of all the awesomeness that was going around.

"We thought you were moving back to help your folks out man?"

"I was but my asshole brothers are going to help and I don't wanna be around them if I can help it."

"Well we could use some construction help? You got any experience?"

"Yup! My dad owned a construction company along with the farm."

"When can you start?!"

Skylar and Emma and just laughed at everything that was going on. It seems their small town was drawing everyone in for a second chance at life. Spirit was indeed strong today. While all of this was going on Xael and Adam were snuggled in close on the other patio bench.

{You're going into heat soon babe}

{Yeah? We've already established that, Alpha}

Xael playfully poked him in the side causing him to chuckle.

"Max, Parker, why don't you two stay out at the cabin? Ted and James can have Adam's apartment for the night."

"Ohhhh! That's right Grams. Sorry I forgot we kinda mated there." Xael blushed a little as the guys laughed at her. Xael was being silly and hid her face into her Alpha's shoulder. Adam just shook his head.

"Ha ha ha! Yeah we didn't think about that guys, sorry. Umm, Chris, you and Eli might need to stay out here another night." Adam was a little embarrassed also.

"I'll get the place cleaned tomorrow."

"Thanks sis."

With everything going on with her pups, Xael forgot that their mated scent was probably still in the apartment. Tomorrow she would give it a deep cleaning. It would also need a new mattress. Since Max and Parker had to finish up at the precinct, Chris and Eli would take the apartment. Skylar let them know there was an apartment above the station but it hadn't been used in a while. It would need a good scrub down and furniture as it was empty.

Xael and her Grams would help get the space ready and Skylar would work on any repairs that needed to be done. So it was settled.

Chris and Eli would crash tonight at the cabin with Adam and Xael. Before they started on the work in the town, they would unload what they had brought and head back into the city to get their bedding and other stuff. While they were gone, the apartment would be de-scented and the bed broke down and taken out of there. For now they were happy to share the apartment. Xael already knew they would either be at her home or Grams.

Max, Parker, Ted and James all needed time to wrap things up at the precinct before they could head out to town. Skylar let James know he needed to write a letter of intent to live on tribal land since he was non-native. Ted would need to do the same thing if he wanted to live in town. While they tied up loose ends, the apartment would be cleaned and fixed up. Skylar gave James his number and told him to call him when he was planning on bringing his RV to town and he would help him take care of getting the services hooked up and his rig winterized as the winters there were no joke. Max and Parker let Ted know he could crash at their place until he found his own place.

Dentin and Kai were in town for a few weeks and didn't mind helping out where needed. Emma asked if he was going to move back to town. Dentin let her know that's why they were back in the states. He was ready to retire. There was a cabin coming available by Mr. Running Dear that he had his eye one. He said little birdy told him about it, but Emma already knew it had been Running Dear since the two males were friends.

Xael was happy that the 'Pack' she had always dreamed of having was quickly coming together.

Whew!  An Update, finally!!  I've written the ending of this story but am now working on how to lead up to it.   If you're interested in a special 'Character Chapter' to see what the characters look like, let me know by leaving a comment!!