Chapter 3

I was sitting in our limousine with my mom

"Accelya kissed you today and you rejected her, didn't you?", she started our conversation. Why did she know that?

"Peter, you have no idea, what will happen if you don't play along. You need to date Accelya and you're going to make it official tonight." Yeah, right. What was supposed to happen if I wouldn't?

"You can't always tell me what to do! I don't like Accelya."

"Accelya is a great girl, you just need to get to know her more. You're going to act like a real gentleman tonight. Peter, please do it. Do it for me, your mother. You know that I love you and only want the best for you. Even if I haven't shown you the last years, I only want the best for you. Believe me. When I heard that you were in jail, I was so worried that I almost drove there by myself, but your father stopped me, because if I would've gone everyone would have believed you were in jail and your future would've been ruined." I wouldn't fall for that. She wasn't being honest. This was just a trick, wasn't it?

"You don't really care! You never did! Stop letting me believe you care!", I yelled at her. She smiled and didn't look mad at all.

"You have every right to be mad at me, but you're my son, why wouldn't I care about you? You're my everything." Was I dreaming? This was real. She really cared. I never had heard her say those things to me. She leaned forward to me and pulled me into a hug. This was no trick, she was being honest.

"I love you, Peter!", she whispered. I started beaming. She cared and she loved me. She did. Just now I realized that my eyes had filled with tears. This was all I ever wanted. Her hands around me, protecting me from all the bad people.

"I love you too mom." She let go of me and said: "I only need you to do one thing and I will never act like I don't care about you again. I promise. You need to pretend to date Accelya, I need you to promise me that." I would do anything to get her attention and be worth her time.

"I'll do it." She smiled so pure at me and added: "That's my son."

The Limousine stopped and I realized what I had promised. Well, at least she would be there. At this moment it was like every bad thing she did had been deleted from my mind.

The door of the car got opened by Carlos and he walked me and my mom to the house, in which the interview was going to take place.

The words my mom said to me repeated in my brain. Then Accelya's kiss on my cheek brought me back to reality. I sat next to her on a chair and saw a lot of reporters in front of me. Accelya gave a reporter an okay to ask his question and looked over to me.

"Peter, is it true that you'd been in jail yesterday?" I looked at my mom and I heard her saying these words again in my head.

"No, that must've been a mix-up. I was home with Accelya." Then another reporter asked: "Is it true that you two are dating?" Accelya looked at me like she was in love, and I smirked at her. This felt really wrong.