Chapter 18

Peter

So, they were going on a date. That was fine. No, it wasn't! I would've punched Finn right into the face if I could've let my feelings take control. That couldn't happen though, because then they would now that I liked Ellenora.

"You okay, mate?", Jack fretted. I looked at him and nodded.

"You've been staring at this wall with a really mad look. Fair dinkum.", Jack proceeded asking me if I was seriously okay.

"Aren't I allowed to look at a wall. There's something missing. The school should hang a picture here.", I talked myself out.

"Did something happen?", Jack asked looking at my "friends".

"He can't cheat with Ellenora anymore. That happened. You know, I really hope Accelya finds someone who knows how to treat her right.", Mark insulted me again.

"I might have cheated on Accelya once, but it was only a kiss.", I defended myself.

"Or maybe three other kisses as well." Mark gave me a look that could kill.

I stood up and wanted to punch Mark right into the face, but Jack stopped me.

"Calm down!", he demanded.

"Peter, I really don't get it. If you like Ellie that much, why don't you just tell her and break up with Accelya?", Finn suggested.

"Maybe he already was rejected by her. Also, she's going on a date with you, Finn. I don't think Peter has any chance with her anymore.", Warren laughed.

Before I made a dumb decision, I stood up from our cafeteria table, grabbed my stuff and walked out of the cafeteria.

None of them had any idea of anything in my life. They were just a bunch of idiots thinking that there isn't more than meets the eye. Did they know that if my parents would find out about Ellie and me, I would be as good as dead? Of course not!

I walked to the restroom. Arriving there, I washed my face with some cold water. This was gonna be fine. Who was I even telling this?

My eyes met myself in the mirror. When did I become such a mess? I took a deep breath, hoping that would solve my problems.

Ellenora was everywhere I went. Not just that I saw her everywhere I went, she also was on my mind all the time. This felt like some unhealthy obsession.

I grabbed my stuff again and walked out of the restroom, bumping right into Ellenora. For a short moment I thought about pushing her against the wall and crushing her lips with mine.

"Sorry.", she said and continued to walk along the hallway. What happened? Sorry, was this everything she had to tell me. What about Finn? I thought he was just a friend.

We were all alone in the hallway, so I yelled after her: "He's just a friend, right?" She immediately turned around and looked at me.

"Why do you care?" Was she dumb? I fucking liked her. Goddamn it! Still, something stopped me from telling her this.

"Forget it. It doesn't matter.", I replied to her question.

"Can you just finally decide what you want?", she demanded me more than asking this.

"I can't. If I could, I would, but I cannot and if you want me to decide now this isn't even going to be my choice." For her this must have sounded like some riddle.

"I don't understand this, and I'm so done with it!", she explained and started walking away again.

What did she want me to do? Run after her and tell her, that she was the only girl in my life. If it only was that easy. So, I let her walk away, making me feel more shame and guilt with every step she took. I couldn't be with her, but I also could not, not be with her.