Chapter 12

Ellenora

When I came home from school, I thought no one was home. I was walking upstairs into my room, as I heard Sean's voice.

Who was he talking to? I walked to his slightly open room door and listened to his conversation. He was on the phone with someone.

"I'll be working from 4 PM until 9 PM, maybe after that.", he suggested to the person on the phone. Did he meet a girl? I can't remember Sean ever having a crush on someone.

This sentence kinda confused me. He wasn't working? Normally I would've just asked him, what this was about, but it didn't seem like something he would just tell me. Also, I would have to tell him that I had spied on him.

I walked away from his room but tripped because I tried to walk as quietly as possible.

"Hi! I'm home!", I said and tried to make him think I just came home. He mumbled something and then came out of his room.

"Hi! How was school? Did someone say anything, because of that thing thathappened this morning?" I shook my head and lied: "No. No one said anythingabout it, and everything was fine." I smiled at him and he smiled back. 

"I'm gonna go to the beach.", I informed him and walked into my room. Should I really not just straight up ask him?

While thinking about asking him or not, I got dressed in a bikini. It was a light blue one, which I loved to wear when my skin was tanned. Since the beach was right next to my house, I just took a towel with me. Then I walked downstairs and out into the garden through the kitchen door.

I remember finding Peter here, how dumb was I not noticing who he was?

Before I thought too much about him again, I walked through a small backyard door to the beach. My feet hit the warm sand and buried themselves in it. I loved this feeling. Next, I laid my towel down and sat down on it. The sun was burning my skin even though I had already put tons of sunscreen on.

I closed my eyes and tried to enjoy the hot sun. It was the end of January and it was crazy hot.

All of a sudden, I felt a shadow taking the sunlight from me. I opened my eyes and saw Finn.

"Oh, hi!" He smiled standing in front of me with his surfboard.

"Hi! What are you doing here?"

"Well, the weather is great, and I live right here.", I explained pointing to the house. 

"You live here? I love this house. I always wanted to live there, because it's right next to the ocean and what's better than that?" He sat down next to me.

"Do you surf?", I asked.

"I guess I do, and I would say I'm pretty good at it.", he responded, giving me a side look.

"Oh, and your stuck up too? I'm just kidding. Do you mind showing me some of your best tricks?" He smiled and I assumed that meant yes. Finn took bis surfboard and walked into the ocean.

Before he was completely in the water, he turned around and asked as a joke: "If I drown, will you give me mouth to mouth?" Even if the sun was blinding me, I saw the grin he had on his face.

"Keep on dreaming!", I said back, and he turned around facing a wave.

I really didn't know a lot about surfing, but what he did looked good. Maybe I should start learning to surf, it seemed to be a lot of fun, but I bet it was hard to learn. Finn had probably been doing this his whole life.

After some time, he came back out of the water.

"So, how was I?", he asked laughing, probably knowing that he was good. His hand brushed back his wet hair, which had fallen into his face.