As if on cue, the oven made a ding noise.

I'm carefully watching Jennie as she puts on the mittens, and slowly get the beans and potatoes out of the oven.

I reached for the cupboard to get our dinner plates and Jennie started plating the steak.

The whole time we were setting for dinner, the smile plastered on my face never left.

Is this how you feel when contented?

We started dinner, I cut my medium rare steak into small pieces. After, I switched Jennie's plate with mine so, she won't have a hard time cutting hers.

"Thank you, baby." She says with her eyes.. twinkling?

Is this how we always gonna be?

I would always love this.

I took a bite of my food and expressed my appreciation by making exaggerated noises.

"Stop it, Lisa!" Jennie said laughing.

I swallowed first before replying, "But it really tastes good." It does. "How was your day?"

"The usual. The papers I was working at earlier is thinner than what was sent to me that afternoon. Did you unpack yet?"

"I was thinking of doing it tomorrow morning and then I'll head to the studio to see what things I need before we invite clients and open it."

"I've already emptied half of the closet for your space."

"Oh my god." I said.

"Why?"

"We really are doing this?" I asked smiling.

"I know, right? Wow. Yes, babe. We really are doing this." I took Jennie's hand and kissed it.

"I love you." Tonight, the love we feel for each other overflows.

After dinner, we sat on the couch and watched some episodes of How I Met Your Mother. Wine glasses in hand, we did a drinking game out of it.

We will both take a shot whenever Barney mentions anything about sex.

So we end up being bubbly. Laughing, drinking, making out and then falling asleep as soon as our heads hit our pillows.

End of Flashback

I sighed deeply as I recall how we spent our first night living in together. Satisfactory.

It was simple and just.. us.

"What's with that deep sigh of yours?" I heard Jennie's husky voice filled my ears.

I slowly turn my head down to take a peek at her. Her eyes are still closed.

"Good morning, baby." I said as I kissed her cheek, to which a smile was rewarded again to me. Then a little more snuggling on my neck before kissing it.

"Last night was amazing, babe. I would really love to get used to being with you like that."

Jennie pulls away from my neck and and looked at me.

"We never get to do those right? I mean, our relationship didn't start off as what normal ones does."

"Yes, it's fun that now, I get to make out with my girlfriend on our couch. Just like how teenagers do it."

Jennie removed herself from my grasp and I was about to complain because it's still too early for her to get ready for work. But then she placed herself on top of me and smiled.