27

Chapter 27 - Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi

Jennie had been called to the editor in chief's office right after their trip to Thailand.

Before meeting with the boss, she thought she'll be fired because of her last encounter with mr. ADOC.

Maybe screwing with someone while on a company trip is deemed unprofessional, no?

But it was their free time. Jennie thought. But all her nervousness got taken away when she entered the boss's office and was greeted with a smile.

Jennie's POV

Fuck. I could've answer mr. ADOC back with sheer politeness but I snapped the fuck back because my sexy time with Lisa was interrupted.

Whatever. If I get fired, I'll fly to LA and come what may.

I knocked on the smooth wooden door of our boss's office. I heard his baritone voice.

"Come in."

I peeked my head inside and there I saw our editor in chief with glasses on his face as he was sorting some papers on his big desk.

"You called for me, sir?" I asked and tried to smile a little unbeknownst to my nervous cracked self.

"Oh, Jennie. Come in, come in. Yes. I had you called." He ushered me to take a seat in front of his table.

I sat and waited for him to tell me what he wants. Hands on my lap trying to steady them as much as I can.

"So Jennie, I've heard what you did in Thailand." He said taking off his glasses and putting all of his attention to me.

What I did? Oh my god. I should be ashamed.

"I'm sorry, sir. I won't do it again. I promise. It's just that -." I was cut of when he raised his hand.

"What are you sorry about? I am glad you insisted to be on that trip and saved the shoot because of the clothes you let our model borrow. Mr. Hong told me."

Mr. Hong? Who the fuck? Okayyy. Shit yes. Mr. Hong Seok-Cheon. Mr. ADOC.

Maybe he has some heart after all. I mean maybe memorizing people's name isn't his forte.

"Oh.. that."

"Where you talking about something else?"

"No. No, sir. I'm sorry. I might've been spacing out. The flight had me a little tired."

My summer in LA included some therapy for my flight anxiety. I have improved a little compared to before, but I'm still overcoming it.

"Okay then, continue to have this performance and I might write you a good recommendation."

"Sir, that would be great! Thank you very much!"

"Just keep up your work. You may resume what you're doing now."

"Of course, sir. Thank you, sir." I bowed before going out.

That afternoon, I might've gotten Mr. Hong a cup of coffee and a slice of cake from the café near our office. And he actually called me by my name.

🔀▶️

Present

To make the story short, I finished my internship with Vogue Korea with flying colors. The editor in chief giving me a good recommendation letter.

I am now doing a last touch up before I go to our college's graduation ball. I invited Jisoo unnie with me, cause I have no plus one.

It's been quite a while since Thailand. After my stay there and some texts to Lisa saying my flight went well, nothing really happened after.