38

Chapter 38 - Girls Like You by Maroon 5 feat Cardi B

Jennie's POV

I feel a little insecure as I climbed the car earlier at the airport. But it kinda made me feel a little more settled when Lisa chose to sit next to me.

I mean, who wouldn't feel a little insecure, right?

Lisa's family doesn't know about me and here I was fresh from the plane, trying to be romantic in surprising her girlfriend who was out on a date with this Thai guy.

And why would Lisa not tell her family about me? She didn't even introduced me as her girlfriend to Norman as well.

I would always, always tell people you're my girlfriend. My ass, Lisa.

What the hell am I really doing here?

I also felt Lisa's bad mood as she climbs next to me.

And it kinda surprised me when she had an outburst setting everything straight about our relationship.

Making me giggle when her temper even got to dissing Noah's pout. I mean it's mean. I'm sorry, but it was kinda funny.

Okay, I'm sorry. That's rude.

And Lisa apologized to him.

Now we are slowly approaching the dining entrance of their house.

I gulped. I'm fucking nervous.

My hand felt sweaty, I wonder if Lisa felt it, but she doesn't say anything.

I halt on my steps and Lisa turned to me, with questioning eyes.

"Nini?" She asked. I looked at her with panic eyes.

"Lisa, I think I should just rest. I don't think I can meet all your clan like this."

Her eyes soften. Understanding my panic.

"Hey, look. Don't panic. It's fine, they'll love you. And if they won't, I don't care. Cause I love you, okay? But I assure you, they are all gonna love you."

Lisa's warm hug made me a little steady than before. I inhaled my breath for a while and slowly exhaled.

"Just don't leave my side okay?"

"Oh, I would cling to you the whole time that you'll get sick of me."

I smiled. I will never get sick of a clingy Lisa. I squeezed her hand and we continue to go to their dining.

We waited for a long time to make our relationship work, this is just another step in keeping us closer.

I can face this. We can face this. Because Lisa loves me too.

We spent the late nights making things right between us

We finally entered the dining and behold. The Manoban family turning all their attention to us.

"Holy crap." I whispered to myself.

🔀▶️

Lisa's POV

I giggled a little when we enter the dining and everyone's been silent upon seeing us and also when I heard Jennie muttered , 'Holy crap.'

"Hi guys." I cheerfully greeted everyone. My sour mood earlier gone. My eyes found Ilay's shocked face and I gave him my smug smile.

"So, somebody has surprised me in flying all the way from New York to Thailand just because she misses me. Everyone, meet my girlfriend, Jennie Kim."