40

Chapter 40 - Love Someone by Lukas Graham

Lisa's POV

New York

I woke up feeling warm breathes tingling my neck.

I smiled sleepily as I pull Jennie closer to me. The feeling of her body beside me alleviates the exhaustion from my long flight last night.

Jennie always makes me feel relaxed and rested.

I felt her snuggle more on my neck that made it hard to suppress my giggles. Her breathing tickles my sensitive skin.

How did I ever get this lucky?

I love how I was always rewarded by her gummy smile whenever I do something for her. Like last night.

No, it wasn't what you think it is. I was tired from a flight. We didn't do any monkey business.

It's just that last night, I surprised Jennie at her office. She expected my flight to be two days from yesterday.

Flashback

I knocked at her office door and entered with a bouquet of flowers covering my face. And on the other hand, Leo inside his cage.

"Dylan, I told you not to disturb me. I still have tons of things to do. And please tell whoever gives me flowers to stop already unless it's from our partners and suppliers, okay? I have a girlfriend."

Wait a minute.

This girl receives flowers every time, not just from me. Who the hell?

I let my hand that's holding the bouquet fall to my side and put Leo down. I looked at Jennie busily flipping through papers and I now have this crease on my forehead upon hearing this information.

"Who the hell sends you flowers except me? I'm writing them a letter or sending them an email that you are taken and your girlfriend is moving in with you today."

Jennie's pen stopped moving. I watched as she slowly lift her head towards me. Then the sides of her mouth slowly formed her gummy smile.

"Baby! Oh my god! I thought your flight is two days from now? Why?" She hurriedly stood from her clerical chair, circled her table and lunged unto me.

She jumped towards me, her arms hugged my neck and her legs wrapped on my waist. I'm glad I had been working out these days to carry her or else we would have stumbled over and probably ended up in a hospital with a concussion.

"Hi." I muttered as she showers me with kisses. On my cheeks, on my nose, my chin, she even tried her hardest to reach my forehead and finally landed one on my lips.

"I could've fetched you at the airport if you told me!" She said scrunching her nose and pouting.

"Then I wouldn't have surprised you and I wouldn't have been lunged unto like this and got showered with kisses." I said as I wiggled my brows.

"No stupid. I would've done the same. I've missed you."

"Babe, it's like been just a week since you left Thailand."

"Like you said it's been a week. Didn't you miss me?" She slowly set herself down and isn't looking at me.

Instead, she played with the pin badge on my shirt. I slowly titled her chin up towards me so she'll look at me.

I smiled, "I miss you too." And gave her a soft kiss on the lips.

Just like that her gummy smile reappeared.