Chapter 25 - Afterglow by Taylor Swift

Jennie's POV

I'm on my way to the airport now. I'm excited to finally start my real internship. A magazine cover photoshoot outside the country! And not just any photoshoot. It's for Vogue Korea.

I was at the stoplight when my phone rang and I immediately connected it to my car speaker.

"Jennie? Are you at work?"

"Oh, Chaeng hi. I'm driving right now. I'm on my way to the airport. Guess who begged her ass to be part of the team's next month's issue and got in?"

"Oh wow. That's good news. I'm really happy for you. But I have something to tell you."

"What it is?"

"Lisa posted a new photo on her Instagram. She's in this resort maybe?"

Lisa's whereabouts. This is the first time in weeks that I've heard about her again.

I didn't replied to her message. I don't think I should. I've wasted enough of my time for her.

"Oh, yeah?" I said. Trying to sound disinterested.

"She's at Sri Panwa. Do you know where that is?"

I suddenly hit the break causing the other cars behind to honked their horns madly at me.

"Shit."

"Jennie are you okay?"

"Y-yeah. Just.. what place again?"

"Sri Panwa. Oh, I've searched it. It's in Phuket, Thailand. Oh my god. Maybe Lisa went back home?"

I couldn't respond. How in the freaking world is it possible for Lisa to be in the same resort the magazine's shoot will be held? I just hope it was just a late upload.

"Are you sure with the place though?"

"Yeah. She checked into the place."

"Hey, is that Jendeuk?"

"Wait, is that Jisoo unnie?" Why are they together?

"Jendeukie. Be safe on your flight to Thailand. Don't forget my souvenir!"

I heard Jisoo unnie shout from the other line.

"Jennie?! The magazine shoot you are telling me is at Thailand? Oh my god."

"Yeah, and we were checked in at the same resort.."

"What's happening?" Jisoo asked.

"Nothing important unnie. Why are you with Chaeng anyway?"

"Ohh, Jisoo unnie and I are doing our internship in the same TV network. She's having her cameos on some shows, and I was one of the wardrobe team. Cool, huh?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Jen, will you talk with Lisa if ever you see her there?"

"I don't know. Chaeng, I need to go. Thanks and bye."

That's the truth though. I have no idea if I still want some explanation from her. If she would've wanted to explain things to me, she should've told me before her hasty departure.

🔀▶️

Phuket, Thailand

We arrived here at Phucket at about 11 am. We already checked in with our reserved villas. Thank god they did an early check in.

We all hurried to set some things for the shoot near the pool. I'm glad for Thailand's weather.

Unlike in Korea that's getting more chilly by the minute, here it's just the perfect temperature.