8

Chapter 8 - if i could i would feel nothing by Blackbear

The girls have finished the costumes for the dance team. Staying up late nights trying to catch their own deadlines. And at last, they have finished all their designs. The task at hand had been a distraction to what's been boggling Jennie's mind. Ever since Lisa took her during the fitting, Jennie has then focused at what's needs to be done and stopped flirting in anyone in particular. She has kept the whole project professional nothing more.

Even being cold and upfront when it comes to Kai when he tried to ask her out, so much to the latter's disappointment. Even with Lisa. Whenever there are alterations and scheduled meetings with both parties, Lisa has been making passes at her trying hard to get her in the mood. That eventually,  she has to tell Lisa to stop what's she's been doing and just keep their interactions in a  professional manner.

And now that they've finished all the tasks at hand, the only thing left to do to get back to her setup with Lisa is their flight to Singapore.

SINGAPORE.

Jennie thought. She dreaded the day of their flight.

🔀▶

It was already 4:27 in the afternoon when they've arrived at Singapore. It has been an exhausting 7 hour flight from Incheon.

Everyone seems to be tired. But the dance team still has excitement in their eyes.

Lisa noticed that amongst who seemed exhausted in all of them is Jennie.

Jennie had been clinging to Irene since they landed at the airport. She was wearing an oversized hoodie, jeans and a dark lens sunglasses. Lisa also noted how Jennie pouts the whole time. She looks like a clingy baby.

Lisa's POV

We just arrived at the hotel and we were given a single room each. I love how the university has funds for such luxurious trips like these. It was almost getting dark as I opened the curtain from my room.

I saw the beautiful lights that Singapore has. Tall skyscrapers surrounding the hotel. I smiled as I remembered why we are here. Adrenaline pumped through my veins at the thought of finally performing our piece after hard long hours of practice. We will let them all see what we're made of tomorrow.

I unpacked some of my clothes. I readied what I'll wear for dinner later. I let the water run to fill the tub. I'll definitely have a little hot soak to lessen the tension in my muscles from the trip.

I am definitely looking forward to dinner. Maybe, Jennie will let me flirt with her tonight.

🔀▶

The team has a reservation at the hotel lobby's restaurant. Some are already seated when Lisa arrived. The team is just waiting for Rosé and her team to start dinner.

Everyone seems so excited and was grinning from ear to ear. Lisa smiled at the sight of her team. Everyone then focused their attention as Irene and the other girls arrived at the restaurant.

"Well, hot damn." One of her teammate said.

You cannot blame them, as the girls was wearing dinner dresses. Not too formal, not too casual. Something that you would wear when you went on a date on a fine dining restaurant. A few whistled to the girls making them giggle.

"Hey." Rosé sat next her. Looking like the femme fatale that she always is.

"Hi. You look good." Lisa complimented.

"Thanks. You know how we're always extra." Rosé replied scrunching her nose cutely.

But the absence of someone didn't got ignored by Lisa. Is Jennie not joining for dinner? She thought.