𝗂 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗒 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗁𝖺𝗇𝖽𝗅𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖻𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗌

"okay, now we'll brief you over your basic duties," seungcheol said, holding a clipboard in his hands.

the counsellors and their CITs had gathered in the cafeteria. it wasn't the best of meeting places, but it was the only place that hadn't been taken over by rogue twelve-year-olds.

jeonghan snapped up, wiping his drool away. "did you say something? i was sleeping."

jisoo handed jeonghan a tissue with an expression that was a weird mix of affection and distaste.

"only jeonghan hyung could fall asleep in the span of five minutes," seokmin giggled.

"one second, jeonghan acts like a seventy-year-old war veteran that feels entitled to his comfort. the other, he acts like the willy wonka of a drug cartel," jisoo sneered, causing jihoon to snort.

jeonghan simply diverted his attention towards soonyoung and seokmin, and instantly regretted it.

"can you two like, not pretend to make out for one day?"

"we aren't pretending to make out, i'm just finding the stars in soonyoung's eyes," seokmin cheerily replied.

"can you see them though? soonyoung doesn't exactly have eyes," jihoon dryly commented.

"I'm sorry your fling with him five months ago didn't work out, but i can see them, and they're beautiful," seokmin said.

jihoon turned a deep shade of red and jeonghan choked on thin air.

"I know soonyoung isn't in love with you two anymore, but keep the fluids inside your body please," seungcheol said. "as i was saying-" seungcheol said.

jeonghan muttered an unintelligible string of curses at seungcheol, before throwing his tissue at him.

"is it my fault you have a gag reflex, han? i wish your future partners good luck," seungcheol sneered.

jeonghan turned his head to the other direction, only to be faced with an incredibly red jisoo stifling his laughter.

"he didn't lie, though," jisoo whispered.

"kiss my ass, hong," jeonghan huffed.

"already have," jisoo smugly smiled, before returning his attention to whatever seungcheol was saying.

"anyways, here's a map of the woods. you two could use that to get your, uh, activities over with," seungcheol handed the map over to soonyoung.

"you know what this means, seokmin?" soonyoung asked enthusiastically.

"not them too," jeonghan quietly whispered.

"we can finally adopt baby birdies of our own!" seokmin replied, giving soonyoung a high-five.

jihoon let out a loud groan, smacking his hand to his face.

°•.•°•.•°°•.•°•.•°°•.•°•.•°°•.•°•.•°

"did you see the way junhui kicked that ball? messi is shaking," seokmin giggled, petting junhui's hair.

"messi? more like messy," soonyoung said, cackling at his own joke.

"you two are so unfunny," junhui said.

"ditto," soonyoung said.

"i love the way you handle your balls, hyung," seokmin winked.

junhui winked back.

minghao was watching all of this unfold, thoroughly unimpressed.