𝗐𝖾 𝗆𝖺𝖽𝖾 𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖼𝖺𝗆𝗉𝖿𝗂𝗋𝖾

"...is this what we wanted?"

jisoo and seungcheol stared down at their meticulously drawn diagrams of their planned campfire session, then back up at whatever was going on in front of them.

"seungkwan!" jisoo called, exasperatedly, "i wouldn't get so close to the fire if i were you!"

"that's because you're a coward!" seungkwan tap-danced dangerously close to the flames.

seungcheol pinched the bridge of his nose. "i can't believe i'm saying this, but we should have listened to jeonghan."

"right."

"i'm honoured you've finally decided to acknowledge my usefulness, gentlemen," jeonghan wrapped an arm around either of them, grinning.

"where did you come from?" jisoo shook jeonghan's arm off him.

"hell," jeonghan forcibly grabbed jisoo again. "not that it's much different here."

"he's got a radar, i'm telling you. knows exactly when he's being talked about," seungcheol said.

"that's right. don't you know? angels can always tell when people call their names," jeonghan innocently batted his eyelids.

"i despise you, jeonghan," seungcheol shook his head.

"do you really, cheollie?"

seungcheol blinked as jisoo cracked a smile.

"yeah, cheollie, do you?"

"i despise both of you."

"you can just admit it, you know? everyone knows. even i know," jeonghan fiddled with his fingers.

seungcheol grimaced. "i don't think you do."

"in all seriousness, i don't mind, you know?" jeonghan added. "i mean, i get it, who wouldn't be in love with me-"

"i can name like ten people who aren't in love with you," seungcheol interrupted.

"like?"

"number one, jisoo."

"now that's just wrong," jisoo frowned. jeonghan raised an eyebrow at him.

"number two, me."

jisoo quietly slipped away, snickering to himself.

"riiiight," jeonghan drawled, peeling the skin off his finger. "i mean it, cheol. you're my bestie and i wouldn't dare say anything to you-"

"never call me bestie ever again."

"i was saying," jeonghan narrowed his eyes, "that i don't care. you know what this is all going to amount to, right?"

seungcheol cleared his throat. "jeonghan, i think you're mistaken."

"oh no, cheollie, i seriously do not care," jeonghan grabbed seungcheol's arms. "you see, you're cute and all and i would probably give you a chance, but unfortunately you see..."

"oh. yeah." seungcheol looked pained.

"awww, i'm sorry cheol."

"it's fine, you don't get it anyways."

"cheollie, i'm telling you-"

"you don't get it, jeonghan. let's just leave it at that."

"i don't get what?"

"i-i can't tell you."

"then stop fussing about it and give me a hug."

seungcheol confusedly patted jeonghan's back as the other practically squeezed seungcheol to death. he would never truly understand how his brain worked.