𝗂 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎.

a/n: this is going to be a long chapter. buckle up, besties!

⁂ ⁂

seungcheol sighed, watching soonyoung open yet another box of latex balloons.

"you're telling me you spent our game budget for the week on water balloons?"

"it could've been condoms. think about that," soonyoung replied, grabbing a handful.

"let the kids have fun, cheollie. there isn't much left until our next semester starts. we have what, a month?" jeonghan slung an arm around him. seungcheol didn't automatically retract from him, so jeonghan figured things were going good enough today. "hey, you're not allergic to me anymore!"

"don't talk about it," seungcheol warned, though what that was pointing to was ambiguous.

"aren't you supposed to be with jisoo?" seungcheol asked after a few awkward moments.

"why, do you not want me around anymore?" jeonghan pouted.

"it's not that, asshole," seungcheol rolled his eyes. "i mean, don't you have a thing for him?"

"and that automatically means i can't hang out with anyone else, choi?"

"first of all, don't call me choi," seungcheol sulked. "secondly, going off of your patterns, you're supposed to be clinging to him right now. so what are you doing here?"

"clinging onto my favourite person instead?" jeonghan batted his eyelashes.

"very funny, yoon."

"now you're calling me yoon!"

"fuck it, i'll find shua for you."

"you really don't want me around, do you?" jeonghan joked, though there was a hint of hurt in his eyes. "you've been really weird with me recently."

"shut up, i said it wasn't that!" seungcheol rubbed his temples. "where is he, anyways? cafeteria? probably cooking up another meal."

"i don't know where shuji is. everyone seems to be avoiding me these days."

seungcheol blinked, then figured maybe he owed jeonghan an apology. aside from the entire... crushing his self esteem and basically kickstarting his villain arc thing, jeonghan had done nothing wrong. besides, the boy looked like a kicked puppy, and seungcheol suspected he was only clinging onto him in such a pathetic manner to gain answers.

"sorry, han, i really have no justification. i'm just... conflicted, i guess," seungcheol sighed, and jeonghan nodded.

"jihoon?"

"shut the fuck up. you don't know what you're talking about," seungcheol snapped, throwing jeonghan's arm off of him.

jeonghan giggled. "quite the playboy, huh? i guess i was a little too late."

"you know very well we-" seungcheol gestured to both of them, "-would've never worked out."

jeonghan tilted his head. "i don't think it's going to work out for me with shua at all, cheollie."

seungcheol chuckled. was jeonghan even hearing himself? not work out? after literally everything they'd been doing for the past 3 years?

"nonsense. you're soulmates."

"really? cause i kind of get the vibe that he hates me now."

"hate you? jisoo? no way. it's probably an act."

jeonghan mused on the statement. hell, if even seungcheol was insisting it, it must be true.

"you sure you're okay with this, cheollie?"