Chapter 7:

"The bandage has to stay on for a couple more days and the cast should come off in about three weeks." Says Dr. Cullen smiling at Ava.

"Thank you Dr. Cullen." Says Charlie before handing Ava a bag of clothes.

"Here, I brought you some clothes." He says while smiling.

"Thank you." Says Ava before taking the bag and heading to the restroom to change. She was careful to pull her black hoodie over her cast. Before struggling to put on her black joggers and white sneakers. 

She looked at the mirror and saw how tired she looked. She washed her face with water before pulling her hood over her head and placing a pair of Charlie's sunglasses over her normal ones.

She looked silly, but Ava was never one to get embarrassed. So she just walked out and ignored the stares as she joined her dad who was at the front desk signing papers.

 She had missed school that day and Charlie told Ava that Bella was on a field trip. When they got home Ava went to her room saying she was going to lie down for a while and Charlie nodded.

She was in bed for a while but couldn't sleep, something was bugging her she just didn't know what. She had taken her medication as normal and she had made sure it didn't clash with her pain meds like the doctor had told her. So she didn't know what was wrong with her.

She decided she needs some fresh air so she grabbed her glasses and sunglasses and walked down stairs. Charlie saw her and looked at her confused.

"Hey how are you feeling?" He asks. He had taken the day off to watch over Ava incase anything happened.

"Good, can you take me somewhere?" She asks and Charlie looks at her confused.

"Sure where were you thinking?" He asked and Ava shrugged.

"Somewhere I can get snacks." She says and Charlie smiles.

"Sure thing kiddo." He says before grabbing his jacket and heading out the door with Ava right behind him.

When they arrived at the store Charlie got out first and then Ava. She followed her dad as they walked down the aisles of the store. 

But then Charlie found someone he knew and got caught up talking making Ava leave and look around the store by her self.

She was looking at the back of one of the bags of chips walking back to her shopping cart when she bumped into someone making her stumble backwards slightly.

"Oh gosh, sorry." Says a voice and Ava looks up.

"Oh hey you're Bella's sister right." Says the boy and Ava looks up at him through her two pairs of glasses.

"I'm Jacob, I don't think we were probably introduced last time." He says holding out his hand to her and Ava can't help but get a good vibe from him.

"Ava." She says taking his hand for a couple seconds before taking it away and slipping it into her hoodies pocket.

"Are you here alone?" He asks as he starts to walk besides her. Ava just grabs more snacks and placing them into her cart.

"No, my dad's here." She says and she sees Jacob pout slightly. He wanted to see Bella, Ava concludes.

"Having the munchies." He asks pointing to her basket.

"Yes." She says before reaching up to grab another bag of chips, her hood falling of in the process.

"Wow, what happened to you?" He asks finally noticing the bandage around her head and the cast under the sleeve of her black hoodie.