Chapter 3:

Charlie was a nice man: he had already registered the girls in school and was helping Bella get a car. Ava didn't really like being in cars, and she defiantly didn't like driving. She always freaked out when she got behind the wheel because it triggered memories of the accident.

 Charlie was waiting for the girls with his cruiser. He gave an awkward one-armed hug to Bella as she stumbled her way towards her dad. Ava just stood back, away from them a little and listened to the music coming from her earphones to calm her down since she was in a place she had never been before.

"It's good to see you Bells." He says while smiling.

"And you sister, wow she sure looks different since the last time I saw her." He continues before looking over the girl who he had not seen since she was twelve. Ava was a little on the shorter side as she stood at Five two. 

She dressed on the more casual side with her big purple t-shirt, some gray sweatpants, and her white sneakers. On top of all of that she had a black zip up sweater, unzipped, that was two sizes too big. 

She likes her clothes lose and non-tight fitting. Her round glasses sat on her small freckled nose and over her forest green eyes.

"You haven't changed much. How's Renee?" Asks Charlie now focusing his attention back onto Bella.

"Mom's fine. Its good to see you too dad." Bella didn't call him Charlie in front of his face.

"It's nice to see you Ava." Says Charlie smiling at the quiet girl.

"It's nice too see you too." She says before reaching up and patting him on the back lightly. Charlie was awkward like Bella but Ava felt no embarrassment or awkwardness at the exchange between the two of them.

Bella and Ava's bags were almost the same size; Bella mostly had clothes for Arizona weather so she didn't have much in her bag. But Ava was always covered top to bottom; she hardly ever showed any skin. 

There really was no reason she just felt more comfortable when it felt like she was always covered in a warm blanket. That was why she hated Arizona; it was too hot for her to dress like she wanted to.

"Your hair is longer." Charlie spoke out trying to make conversation.

"I cut it since the last time I saw you." Answers Bella making the car ride more uncomfortable than it already was.

"Guess it grew out again." He says.

"Yeah."

"How have you been Ava?" Asks Charlie trying to include the quiet girl into their poor excuse for a conversation.

"Good, how have you been?" She asks quietly, Ava may be quiet but she always tried to be polite when someone she cared about spoke to her.

"I've been good." He says before continuing the car ride to the house. During the whole ride Charlie kept looking in the mirror checking on Ava to make sure she was okay as Ava just watches all the green go by and couldn't help but love how beautiful it all was.

When they arrived to the old two-story house, Bella got out first then Charlie and finally Ava who never liked to rush or move fast, it took too much energy.

"I cleared off some shelves in the bathroom." Says Charlie and Bella grimaces.

"That's right. One bathroom." She says and Ava shakes her head at how rude her sister is.

"Thank you." She says to Charlie before heading into the house.

"Ava." Charlie calls out when he gets into the house and Ava pulls out one of her earphones.

"Would you like me to show you your room?" He asks awkwardly. Ava simply nods and allows him to lead her up the stairs. He led her to her which he had tried his hardest to make into a room fit for a girl he didn't know much about anymore.

When they entered the room it was darker than the rest of the house, but Charlie had dug up some Christmas lights and hung them up all around the room. He read that it helped calm people, there was a small bed covered in light pink blankets, which he also learned, was the girls favorite color. 

The curtains covering the large window were a dark maroon color blocking any light that tried to get in. All together the room didn't match at all, but he tried to incorporate things that would help her if she ever got anxious or mad and that was all that mattered to Ava.

 "I hope you like it." Says Charlie as Ava looks around the room and was pleased that she felt very safe and comfortable.

"Thank you." She said and then sat on a small couch that was placed by the large window before setting her violin case on the ground next to her. Charlie just smiled and pulled the curtain open so she could see the view then went down stairs to see how Bella was doing.

At first he was worried about having Ava there. Renee told him about how she was now and thought she was going to be a hand full, but she just seemed to like her peace and quiet.

Ava looked at the great view she had of the forest and it calmed her just looking at it. She didn't know why but she had never felt this way in Arizona.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Ava decided she should probably get her stuff so she could start unpacking. So she went downstairs only to find Charlie with a man in a wheelchair and a boy. Bella walked out behind her and went to her dad while Ava went to the cruiser to get her backpack and other things.

"Bella you remember Billy Black." Says Charlie.

"Glad your finally here. Charlie hasn't shut up about it since you told him you and your sister were coming." Says Billy Black.

"Stop exaggerating, I'll roll you down the hill."

"Right after I ram you in the ankles." Jacob just shakes his head at them before shyly approaching Bella.

"I'm Jacob. We made mud pies together when we were little." He says smiling.

"Yeah I think I remember." Bella replies.

"Are they always like that?" She asks before looking over at her sister who is pulling her backpack on.

"It's getting worse with old age." He says following her gaze but before he can ask who the girl is Charlie comes over to them.

"So what do you think of your homecoming gift?" Asks Charlie as he hits the hood of the truck.

"No way. The truck is for me?" She asks finally looking away from her sister.

"Just bought it off of Billy here." Says Charlie.

"I rebuilt the engine." Adds Jacob.

"It's perfect!" She beams as she rushes to the truck with Jacob eagerly joining her.

"Ava!" Calls Charlie as the girl tries to get her suitcase into the house. She turns around and looks at her dad who is calling her over making her set her suitcase down and go over to him.

"I know you don't drive so I got you this." He says before pulling out a bicycle from the back of Bella's truck. It was black with a tan woven basket in the front.

"I didn't know you had a sister." Says Jacob as he leans into Bella to tell her quietly.

"Thank you." Says Ava quietly before taking the bike and wheeling it over to the side of the house and rests it there. Then she goes back to taking her stuff inside.

"She really liked it." Says Bella when she sees her dad's worried expression.

"Could have fooled me." Says Jacob under his breath.

"Well that's a relief I was scared for a second there." Says Charlie placing his hand over his chest while letting out a breath of air.

------------------------

Authors Note:

Have a fabulous day!