Chapter Nineteen

Angelina put her quill down and slowly looked up at the pink haired menace with a scowl, "what?" 

Marie pouted slightly, leaning into her left palm as she sighed, "really?! You scowl at your friend just because she would like to know how your trip to the hospital wing went, I even waited a week to ask! how can you be so rude?!" 

Angelina rolled her eyes, cracking her fingers and shaking her head, "honestly. Your a piece of work sometimes." Marie only grinned in response, "alright. Well.....he was really hurt and....asked me to stay with him until he fell asleep. Sooooooooo I did." 

Marie raised a fist in the hair, grinning like a mad man. "I did it!" 

Angelina snorted, "yes. yes you did." As Marie continued to pump the air with a triumphant smile, no way did Angelina have the heart to tell her that since her visit to the Hospital Wing she hadn't spoken to Draco. He'd managed to lock her out of the room with the cabinet and had been avoiding her, she even noticed that he was no longer at meals or even coming back to the Common Room. Angelina was beginning to feel that everything was pointless. 

pointless, Angelina thought to herself as she waited up each night to catch even a glimpse of Draco, she was going to give up, but Marie's face looked too excited. Maybe she should keep trying, as to not let down her best friend. 

"I'm really nervous for the O.W.L.S." Angelina whispered, looking down at her divination notebook. 

"Hermione told me they aren't as horrible as we imagine," Marie shrugged slightly. 

"Hermione.....Granger?" Angelina snorted. Marie scrunched up her face, her bright eyes were narrowed as she frowned. 

"That's my friend, thanks."

 Angelina rubbed her temples and leaned away, "I'm sorry," she whispered, "must've been the Slytherin in me. You know all I use to do was hang around Draco and them." 

Marie gave a strained smile, turning back to her work without another word. 

~*~*~ 

Angelina pressed the heels of her hands into her eyes hard, trying to get the sleep to dissipate, as she yawned. She was sitting in her blanket outside the Common Room, in the drafty hallway, waiting. Three hours of waiting. It was well past midnight and she was feeling her body get heavy with sleep as she waited. 

He has to show. He has to. 

But she was losing hope as she sat there bundled in her blanket, she leaned her head against the cold wall as she sighed. Maybe she should just give....

Footsteps. Angelina perked at the sound of fast footsteps, she quickly got to her feet when she saw the shadow on the stairs. Angelina's heart began to beat fast as her eyes connected with the grey orbs, Draco looked sick, even worse than he did the last time she saw him. 

"H-h-h-hey," Angelina stuttered, feeling the butterflies eat around her chest as she bundled her blanket in her arms. 

"Ange....what're you doing here? I mean out here in the hall?" Draco asked as he came closer toward her. 

"I'm sick of not seeing you...." Angelina's cheeks were hot and bright red as she averted her gaze, she didn't mean to say that, but it was true. She was sick of it. 

Draco gave his infamous smirk, the light in his eyes sparked as he gently took Angelina's hands in his. "I didn't realize you missed me that much." 

Angelina rolled her eyes, shrugging her shoulders as she took a step back, "Do you.....do you really have to work on.......that?" 

Draco's expression changed so that he looked sick and emotionless, "yes."