Chapter Twenty Seven

"Do I at least get to see my parents?"

Knives and forks clinked against plating as they were placed down, Angelina watched the Malfoys exchange a look before Narcissa heaved a heavy sigh.

"No," she said simply. Angelina raised an eyebrow, waiting for the reason, but no reason came. 

Angelina frowned, eyes drifted to the bandages, it'd been weeks since she'd been branded with this horrible thing. "When will these come off?"

The silence continued to the point where Angelina didn't care about the answer anymore and she resumed eating her dinner. Tenth time that's happened, she thought to herself. Each time she brought up the question of her bandages did she receive nothing in return. Draco had no idea, he muttered how it was unusual while his parents remained silent. Angelina's eyes drifted over to Draco, he was watching her with a sad look, which Angelina sent a glare in return—she still hadn't forgiven him for anything.

"Your mission is to keep an eye on students who are noted Mudbloods and bloodtraitors, you'll be monitoring them. If you sense that something is amiss, you are to apprehend them for the Carrows, does this make sense?" Lucius Malfoy cut through the silence.

"So, just be a spy?" Angelina questioned.

Lucius gave a small nod, "in a way. But if something happens, you'll be tasked with finishing the filth yourself."

Angelina looked at Draco, frowning as she looked into the grey orbs for an answer. "When you say finish...."

"You'll be trained on unforgivable curses in the morning."

"Is that all you're going to do now? Glare at me until I look away?" Draco growled when the tedious dinner was over and the two were alone in the hallway before the dining room.

"What does it matter to you, Malfoy?" Angelina snapped.

Draco looked taken aback, glaring at Angelina with hardened grey eyes, "is this really how you want to continue? You need me, Ange."

"Don't call me that," Angelina hissed. "Call me Parkinson or nothing," she spat, walking away without another word.

Draco grabbed her arm harshly, his grip tightening, his finger nails digging slightly into her skin. "Stop acting like a betrayed animal—"

"The bloody hell, Malfoy! You think I feel betrayed and hurt?!" Angelina ripped her arm from his grip, "my parents abandoned me here and I have the ruddy dark mark on my arm!" Her voice was reaching another octave as she looked at Draco. "Don't you dare tell me to stop acting like a betrayed animal, its nothing of the sort."

Draco scowled, "you're stuck here with me, you'll be stuck with me at school. Do you truly want to continue this way?"

Angelina laughed slightly, "like I give a fuck about being stuck with you. The second we're off that train I'm staying as far away from you as possible, and hell, I can even manage to stay as far away from you while here as well."

Draco shook his head, sighing heavily, "I don't know what I thought would happen....but having you become a complete bitch is surprising."

Angelina opened and closed her mouth, her reflexes were faster than her words; her hand collided with Draco's jaw harshly, leaving a huge red mark on Draco's cheek. "I hate you, Malfoy. I completely hate you."

Draco watched Angelina stalk off, her words echoing in his mind.

She doesn't hate you.