Chapter Seventeen

"So.....we're giving up on Draco?" Marie looked at Angelina like she was insane over her Divination book. "I'm sorry, but are you feeling well? This doesn't sound like you." 

Angelina heaved a heavy sigh and nodded, the memory of his dark mark flashing across her mind, "I know. But....it's February. If things were going to happen. They would've happened already." 

"But Valentine's Day is in two days! you don't know what could happen, two days can change a lot of things," Marie pleaded. 

Angelina scowled slightly, "why are you advocating this all of a sudden?" 

"Because this was our mission we had together..." Marie looked down at her parchment with a frown. 

Angelina snorted, "you want a mission together? How bout finding out what's the most obsurd thing that come and go room can make?" 

Marie contemplated this, biting a fingernail slightly and giving a slow nod, "deal!" 

"Now just drop the Malfoy stuff, please," Angelina whispered. 

Marie returned to her work without a sound, Angelina rolled her eyes. Knowing this wasn't the end of it. 

****

Girls were giggling and running around with boxes of chocolates, it took all of Angelina's strength not to glare and trip them up the stairs so they fell in the trick step and walking off with their chocolates. It was even harder when she saw Marie running down the stairs with four big boxes of chocolates in her hands, Angelina only glared at her only friend, knowing she'd never hurt Marie. 

"Here!" Marie tossed two at Angelina who caught them at the last second, "I don't want all these."

"Yes you do," Angelina snorted, handing the boxes back, "don't share with me. I don't mind not getting anything." 

Marie was about to object but Angelina stopped her by walking away, heading no where important, Marie made a whining noise before catching up to her. "You can--"

"No!" Angelina laughed. 

Marie was quiet, as they walked outside into the fridged air, "are we really going to the lake?! It'll be so--"

"I was heading to the green houses and around," Angelina shrugged, "you can go back." 

"Nah, I wouldn't mind walking," Marie shrugged as she jostled her chocolates into her bag. 

Angelina shook her head, noticing her friend didn't have her scarf, with a flick of her wand, she made it so that they were encased in warmth against the snow. As they walked in silence, Angelina watched the sky as birds flew lazily toward the owlerly. "Let's go back, its dinner time now," Marie made a whooping noise of excitement as the two turned back and headed inside. 

As they sat down at the Hufflepuff table as students slowly filled the Great Hall, Angelina felt something hit her head, she looked behind her, finding a small box on the ground, she opened it to find an assortment of chocolates inside. Marie watched her with curiosity. 

"Did that just get thrown at you?" Marie pointed to the box. 

Angelina nodded, looking around until she saw an owl flapping its wings and heading away, she returned her gaze to the box in her hands just as another one fell on top of her plate. With a confused expression, Angelina watched as six more owls came and went, each bombing her with a small box of chocolates. 

"What the bloody hell is going on?!" Angelina looked at Marie in confusion who was watching with a shocked expression. 

"I don't know...." Marie whispered.