Chapter Thirty Eight

After Angelina's sudden appearance, the group of what Angelina learned to be the DA, allowed her to stay-provided Marie kept her word to keep Angelina on a short leash and Angelina's wand was always with Neville. After two weeks of sitting in a corner, never bothering to speak to anyone, did it finally occur to everyone that Angelina Parkinson actually wasn't a threat to them. Angelina was sitting against a wall, reading a book on defensive spells when Marie ran over and started tossing pillows on her without a word; Angelina protesting at the sudden act.

"Harry Potter is standing right over there, if he sees a Slytherin in this room, he may lose his shit," Marie whispered, "there's something major about to happen. I don't know what, but I know you have to stay hidden."

"Marie?!" At her name, Marie groaned, the Weasley twins appeared a few steps away. She quickly stood up as Angelina curled in on herself underneath the pile of pillows.

"Who's your friend?" One of them said.

"Who're you talking about?" Marie spoke innocently.

The Weasley twins walked around Marie, lifting a few pillows Angelina had hid under-much to her horror-and stared down at the Slytherin. The two boys frowned slightly, tilting their heads to the side as they regarded her curiously.

"Oi, Fred. Isn't this the girl that was tailing us that one time?" The one on the right spoke.

"Yes, it is." the one named Fred nodded, the two tossed the pillows to the side and immediately took out their wands.

"Boys, before you think about jinxing my best friend-"

"She's a spy for them, Marie-"

"-Move out of the way," the boys said in unison.

"You know, I'm tired of everyone thinking I'm on the other side just because I'm a Slytherin. Did you ever stop to think there might be a Slytherin who doesn't agree with whatever is the norm?" Angelina growled as she stood up.

The boys could only glare back.

"Why should we trust you?" Fred Weasley questioned, his eyes narrowing as he studied the small girl.

"Because I hate him just as much as you, he forced me against innocent people and I won't be a little puppet for anyone anymore," Angelina vowed.

The boys looked unconvinced but slowly walked away, "if we see you harming anyone who isn't a Death Eater then-"

"We won't hesitate to hurt you," the twins finished their sentence before walking away. Angelina felt sweat trail down her back as she watched them leave, feeling frightened of what was to come.

"We need to get you out of here," Marie nodded, she looked over at the crowd frowning, "something is going on. All these returning people....."

"Do you think You-Know-Who is finally coming to strike down the school?" Angelina looked over at Marie, their eyes widening.

"I think....that's a very good possibility," Marie whispered, she jumped when Harry Potter ran pass them, not glancing in their direction as he headed through the doorway. "Stay hidden," Marie pointed at Angelina who ducked back into the pillows, bringing her knees into her arms and looking over the edge of the pile as Marie ran toward the gathered students.

It was a long time before a voice sounded throughout the castle, "all students to the Great Hall, immediately." It was McGonagal's voice, the students stopped talking and looked around, Angelina dropped her head in her knees as she waited for them to all shuffle out.

"Come on, put this on," Marie tossed a set of dress robes at Angelina who wordlessly put them on, "we're going on a trip."

"They're going to recognize me," Angelina said quietly.

"It'll be alright," Marie gave a smile, tossing Angelina her wand who caught it effortlessly, "come on."

The two followed the rest of the group, Angelina feeling anxious as they all traversed the halls without a word and headed to the Great Hall, filing out toward their individual house tables. Angelina looked over at the Slytherin table as she sat beside Marie, looking down the table of students, she found her sister sitting with Blaise and the others.

It wasn't long when people began to crumple and flinch, Voldemort's voice echoing through the room, "you are foolish if you try to fight, give me Harry Potter and I will leave this school alone."

Marie took Angelina's hand tightly in hers, the two looked at each other as the voice died away and the hall fell silent.

"Well, there he is! Someone grab him," Angelina looked at her sister who was pointing a finger at Harry Potter. With quick reflexes, Angelina was standing up, pointing her wand at her sister who looked at her with a shocked expression. "Angelina Parkinson! What're you doing?! Didn't you just hear-"

"It doesn't matter what he said, he's lying. We have to fight for what's right and right now that's protecting Harry Potter," Angelina said sternly, she looked out of the corner of her eye, Marie was grinning with her hands clasped together in front of her.

"You can't be serious," Pansy stated across from her sister.

"If you can't handle this then leave with the first years," Angelina said coldly.

Pansy glared at her little sister, McGonagall telling Filch to lead away the people not wanting to fight as well as first years and younger. Marie jumped to her feet, hugging Angelina with a grin that wouldn't leave her face. A cough made the two turn around, Harry Potter standing there and looking at the sixth years with a curious look, he simply nodded his head and walked off.

"What'll happen if they see you?" Marie asked.

"Kill these monsters before they kill me," Angelina nodded.

"Kill....you can't-"

"They're going to be aiming to get us, we have to be willing to do the same," Angelina said with no expression.

Marie's eyes widened, she looked frightened but slowly nodded, "if we get separated....."

"We can meet back here," Angelina smiled, "we'll meet here if we get separated."

"I know I was in the DA and know a few spells....but.....I'm really scared," Marie's voice broke at the end.

"Me too," Angelina whispered above the crowd, Marie took Angelina's hand again as they stood there. Both girls silently screaming from fear of what tonight was quickly bringing.