Chapter Twenty Nine

"I need to talk to you."

Draco's bored expression that was previously cast over the Black Lake, changed to one of curiosity as the girl beside him shifted uncomfortably. "Yeah? Well, out with it," Draco said with a bored voice.

"Angie doesn't talk to me, she's stopped coming to meals, she looks...sick...and....I know I told her that I should stick to my own house, but I didn't expect her to completely shut me out..." The Hufflepuff took a deep breath, simply frustrated with the way her friend had been acting for the past weeks. "What happened to her?"

"How would I know?" Draco raised an eyebrow at the girl, he'd completely forgotten her name. Only know it started with an M.

"Because she's in your house and you see her more than I do," the girl growled, her hands instantly making fists.

Draco jumped to his feet, he wasn't going to be accused of anything, "look here....." her name escaping his mind, "I will only give you one warning: don't talk to me again. I don't care about your dear little friend. She can do whatever the hell she wishes," but he did honestly care about Angelina. He just didn't want to admit it aloud.

"I don't ever know what she saw in you," Marie hissed after a few minutes of silence. "You're nothing but a prat," she spat, turning on her heel to go back to the castle.

Draco rolled his eyes, the Black Lake finally losing interest to him; it was true that since school had started three months ago that Angelina was in worse shape. Draco kept a careful eye on the girl, but she showed no signs of needing help. Instead Draco noticed that in the last month she was beginning to work on her task she was assigned, Draco's only conclusion was that she was sent some form of motivation.

"What did you do to my sister?"

Draco tossed his head back, sighing heavily as Pansy blocked his path into the castle, "can you girls just leave me the bloody hell alone?!"

"What happened to my sister at your place?" Pansy demanded.

"You mean what happened months ago?" Draco snorted, "I'm not going to waste my time in discussing the past with you, Parkinson," Draco snapped.

Pansy's wand was in the hallow underneath Draco's jaw before he could push her back, even with her tight grip on the wooden instrument, Draco could feel her shaking. "What. Happened. To. My. Sister. Malfoy," Pansy spoke every word carefully and with very little control.

Draco grabbed the wand and pushed her arm down, "that is none of your business. Now get out of my face."

"TELL ME WHAT YOU DID!" Pansy roared loudly, her voice echoing slightly around them.

Draco got to his full height, towering over the girl, his anger shaking him from foot to toe, "get out of my face, Parkinson," Draco hissed so darkly and menacingly that Pansy quivered with fear before stepping aside.

Draco ran a hand through his hair, sighing heavily and continuing on his way through the castle, why're all these girls bothering me? Draco thought bitterly, if this were two years ago he wouldn't have minded the attention but after last year and the last few months Draco was starting to lose interest in attracting girls for fun.

With classes over for the day, students were wondering the halls, Draco muttered curses as he headed to the common room where he could have a few minutes to himself. Draco wished that everything could go back to the way it was, but ever since last year...Draco sighed heavily as he sat down before the fireplace.

"What's got your wand in a knot?" The voice that was once like music to Draco, now sounded dead and foreign.

"The weather," Draco mumbled, keeping his eyes shut tightly.