Chapter Fourteen

Marie looked at the Slytherin table from her Hufflepuff table, frowning into her chicken breast as she thought to herself. The holidays were in three days and yet she was no closer in helping Angelina get the guy of her dreams to notice her, but that wasn't what was bothering her today. Today was the fact that a blonde had been missing from that table for every meal over the past four days. Something was up and she would be damned if she let it stump her. 

With a huff, Marie slung her bag over her shoulder and she left the room, heading to the library to hopefully find a quiet spot to write her Transfiguration paper. Of course finding a desk to use wasn't hard, having found one in her favorite section of the library: history. All kinds of history was stored within the leather bound books that lined the ever growing shelves. Marie smiled to herself as she set her bags down. 

"Harry, for the last time, I do not want to hear this."

"Hermione, I'm telling you, I know Dra--"

"Harry! You need to stop." 

Marie looked over her shoulder, she'd been sitting there for an hour when the voices started whispering. With small steps Marie walked over to the book case that was to her back, she peered over the books and could make out the bushy mane of Hermione Granger and Harry Potter. Hermione looked pissed as she shifted through a book and put it away. 

"Look, I'm just--" 

"Harry, please stop," Hermione whispered, her voice held a tone of defeat. "I'll be back, will you--"

"I'll be here," Harry nodded slightly, Hermione walked away with a hurried pace to her steps. Marie looked over her shoulder, frowning slightly before slipping out from behind the shelving and walking over to the messy haired boy. 

"Er....hello," Harry spoke up with a cough. 

"I'm sorry to be rude, but did I hear you say the name Draco?" Marie asked with a polite smile, hoping that Harry would answer her question. She had an itching feeling she knew something that she wanted confirmed. 

Harry shook his head wearily and smiled, "I'm afraid you're hearing things." 

"Ah...." Marie nodded slowly, "I just could've sworn I heard you said Draco....and it makes me curious, because he has been looking ghastly...." she shrugged as she turned on her heel. 

"You've noticed him being sick too?" Harry called curiously. 

Marie shrugged, "I'm afraid I'm just seeing things," she smirked and walked back to her desk just as Hermione appeared with a bag and books, she frowned at the fifth year. Looking her up and down. 

"Hang on, you were in DA....Marie, right?" Hermione asked. Marie grinned and nodded, "nice to see you again," Hermione smiled. 

"Like wise," Marie grinned, walking back to her desk, but not before giving Harry one last look. He looked like he wasn't done talking to her, with a smile Marie waved the two off. 

~*~*~

"I've noticed that Christmas starts in a few days," Balise spoke up, taking Draco's attention away from his book. 

"Your point?" Draco drawled in a bored tone. 

"There's a girl who flat out told you that she fancied you and you have not shown a single ounce of interest. Don't you think that's a bit--"

"I don't care about a relationship right now, Zabini," Draco growled. 

Blaise only rolled his eyes, "yeah. That's rich. When's the last time you snogged a girl, mate?"