Prologue

Prologue

Ashira's POV

Werewolves do exist. Before, it was just a myth. A way to scare the children or to keep the teens from going out too much.

But it is real. Werewolves are real.

I knew this because I am one of them. I'm living proof of the myth. I'm a She-Wolf.

Humans don't know we exist. Not from the outside world.

"Ashira!" A cheery sweet voice took my attention from gazing out.

My friend, Lucy, came running in my direction. Just like me, she was wearing a white thin satin dress that is just above the knee. We both are wearing wood-made sandals.

If you're going to compare the way we're dressed, we'll look so weird despite the age and year we are in.

We have no underwear inside the thin white dress. The wood sandals are even made by the elders of the pack.

But this is not the way we dress up.

A sacred ceremony will be held and we just need to dress like so.

It's a pack tradition.

Werewolves like us need to stick together. We have our pack. Me and my friend, Lucy belong to the Regal pack under the reigning of Alpha David together with his Beta, Eric.

Eric, the Beta of Regal, is the one who took me in and acts as my guardian.

I was once a Rogue. A lone-wolf. I don't know who my parents were or if I belong to another pack before. I have no memories of my childhood.

All I remember was waking in the middle of the forest and being found by Eric. He's already a Beta at that time.

Eric's mate, Ophelia, accepted me as their orphan child. They also have a son named Cruz, he's a couple of years older than I am.

I get along well with Eric and his family. Cruz is even overprotective like I am his sister. Overall, I settled in this pack even though I'm practically an outsider.

"You looked excited, Luce," I said to her when she came near me. We walked sideways towards the line where the other She-Wolf is. They wear the same kind of dress.

"And you're not? We're talking about mapping here! Of course, I'll be hell-bent!"

Mapping is a pack tradition. It's held annually before the end of the year. Now, it's happening five days before Christmas.

Mapping is a sacred ceremony and is one of the most important events for every pack.

It's not just the Regal pack that held this ceremony. Every pack all over the continent does.

We'll be able to know from which pack our mate is. This is the main concern of the mapping.

Each wolf has their mates. If a wolf is not able to meet its mate, it won't have the chance to produce a pup.

Even if a wolf had sex with every wolf, you'll not be able to get pregnant unless it's your mate.

A wolf can only produce their heir with its mate. So finding a mate is a must especially for the Alpha of the pack. Even for the Beta and third-in-command.

They'll need their mate to continue their legacy.

It's not easy to pick a Beta or Gamma. Those high-rank positions are mostly inherited. Unless that bloodline will betray the Alpha then they will banish that bloodline from having a position in the high ranks.