Chapter 30

A few days had past since Meg had taken the test. Since then, she had isolated herself away from everyone. Meg wasn't answering her phone and her door was always locked. She hadn't been eating properly and had self harmed even more. She kept thinking of all the reasons to die that the fans had told her. 'Maybe the fans were right, I mean, I know I'm not pretty or funny or thin or clever and stuff. I know I'm worthless and that Luke deserves much better than me. I know that I'm hated by so many girls. I know I'm pathetic and a disappointment. But I don't need to be told everyday. My mind tells me this all the time.' Meg had a million thoughts in her head about how she felt about herself and how others felt about her.

It had been about 4 weeks since the test had been done now. Meg still hadn't eaten much, just an apple every couple of days. She didn't feel the need to eat, even though the baby needed nutrition. Meg would go up to the roof every now and again, mainly as the sun set. It calmed her and it made her feel free. The roof was flat so her and Daniel would spend lots of time up there. Many times she has thought of jumping, just to end her pain and misery. But every time she is stood on the edge, she thinks of Luke. She thinks of Daniel. She thinks of everyone that is there for her. Sometimes, she feels like her love for them is so strong, that she could never upset them to that extent.

One night, she was sat on the roof, thinking about her future. She had taken another test earlier that day that came back negative. Out of 9 tests, 5 have been negative so Meg went to the doctors, and they confirmed she wasn't pregnant. Meg hadn't been thinking clearly for a while now. She had decided to get dressed today instead of pyjamas all day. She threw on some denim mini shorts, a white vest top, some old trainers that she didn't even know she still owned and left her hair down. Before she knew it, she was sat on the edge of the roof, her feet dangling over the drop. Suddenly, from behind her, she heard her name being shouted. She looked around and saw Luke. He looked like he hadn't slept in days. His eyes blood shot and his cheeks tear stained. 

"Meg, please don't jump!" Luke cried out loudly. Meg noticed he had tears running down his face, which made her cry. "Why shoudn't I! I don't have anything to live for!" She said back, tears falling from her eyes and onto her lap. Luke didn't reply and Meg turned back around to face the drop. She was stood up now and had her eyes closed tightly.Suddenly, she felt Luke's hand in hers. Meg opened her eyes and saw Luke standing with here. "You go, I go with you" He told her, his voice full of fear. Meg shook her head violently but Luke just replied with "That's how much you mean to me! I can't live without you Meg! And what about the baby!" Tears were soaking his face now and dripping onto his shirt.

"Luke, I went to the doctors, I'm not pregnant. And you'e just saying that to stop me" Meg said quietly, just so Luke would here it. "I love you Meg, I can't live without you! I've been going insane not knowing what's happening to you and if you are ok." Luke confessed. "I love you too Luke, but I can't carry on. I need saving but no one can. Life is a war, and I'm losing the battle." Meg said, wiping tears away from here eyes. There was silence. Then Luke stepped away from the edge and spoke softly. "Meg, I know I'm quoting a song, but I don't really care." Luke began to sing the chorus from the song Hero by Enrique Iglesias "I can be your hero baby, I can kiss away the pain, I will stand by you forever, You can take my breath away."

This made Meg think about the words Luke just sang. It had made her cry knowing that someone cared about her that much. She stepped away from the edge and threw herself into Luke's arms. Luke took in a gasp and breathed a sigh of relief. Meg cried loudly as she soaked Luke's shirt with her tears. "Luke, please, stay with me!" She mumbled. He held Meg tight and whispered "I'm never going to let you go again. I promise."