Chapter 3

When everyone had calmed down and dried off, they decided to put a film on, to pass the time. 'What film are we gonna watch then?' Jai asked flicking through the DVDs. The others just looked confused and shrugged their shoulders. 'Well thanks for the help guys!' Jai said sarcastically. Beau crawled out of his chair and sat on the floor with Jai.

'How about The Shining or The Exorcist?' Beau said to the others. Luke, Jai and Beau weren't bothered by horror movies and neither was Alex, but Meg was absolutely petrified! She had always hated them, ever since she was little when her older brother, Daniel, forced her to watch one. After a small debate, the boys decided to put the Exorcist on.

Jai, Alex, Meg and Luke all crammed themselves onto one sofa for warmth and Beau layed on the other sofa with a blanket. It was only about half way through, but both the girls were hiding behind cushions and Meg was crying with fear. When Luke realised, he pulled Meg in close to his chest and whispered 'It's ok Meg, it's only a flim. I'm right here.' The tone of his voice reassured Meg and consoled her.

The movie soon ended and as soon as she could, Meg made a swift exit to the kitchen. 'Anyone want food?' Meg called out tho the others. After she found everything they wanted, she made her way back in with her arms piled high with snacks.