We Need to Talk

Narrator's point of view:

     Miki ran back and flopped on her bed face down. She let a few tears leak onto her blanket as she caught her breath. "Shouya's still such a bully." She whispered. She sat up and grabbed a pillow and hugged it tightly. She let her mind wonder into the past. She usually didn't think about it much, but she couldn't help but remember everything that had happened. She remembered everything that Shouya and Naoka had said about Shouko. Memories of Shouya grabbing Shouko's hearing ads and throwing them into the water came to mind. She lingered on the time he had caused her to bleed in class. "I can't believe he actually did that." Miki said to herself. She laid back down her bed and suddenly heard a ding from a text. Miki lazily checked it and saw it was from Toshi. 'Hey Miki. Are you doing ok?' It read. Miki sat up a little and typed. 'No. He's always saying things like that to me Toshi I can't stand him!' Miki waited a little bit for a reply until her finally texted back. 'I'm sorry ;( Has he done this before besides that time on the bridge?' Miki felt her neck redden. 'Does it matter how many times he's done it?!! He still yelled at me for no reason!!' She replied. She threw her phone on her dresser and took her sweet time answering the next ding. She did eventually check and he had texted, 'Miki, I love you, but I have to know. How many times did you actually try and stop him?' Miki felt a few angry tears brim her eyes. 'STOP MAKING OUT TO BE THE BAD GUY!!' She texted and then turned her phone on silent. She sat her bed her heart racing with anger. The night dragged on and the small started to dig it's place in Miki's mind. Was she in the wrong here? She shook her head and tired to push that thought out of her mind. "I was just scared." Miki told herself as the lingered on her mind. It continued to dug at her mind until she finally gave in and decided that she would have to talk to someone about it. She grabbed her phone and text an old number she hadn't text in mouths. 'Noaka. I need to talk to you. Please meet me tomorrow in front of our old elementary school.' 

Narrator's point of view:

     Yuzuru was sitting on the side of the bridge watching the water rush past. "What are you doing here?" She heard a voice ask her. She turned around to find Nagatsuka staring at her slightly confused. She was wearing Shouya's old pair he gave her that rainy night. "I was just thinking." She answered. The dawn was just starting to take form. "It's really early for that don't you think?" He asked her slightly concerned. She gave him a bit of a sarcastic look. "I could say the same thing about you stalker." She replied laughing a little. "Hey!" He yelled back. Yuzuru stood up and stretched. "Where are you going to anyway?" She asked him casually. "Oh, I just had to drop his off for my mom real quick. I saw you over here and thought you might have fell asleep outside again." Nagatsuka answered with a joking smirk on his face. "Oh shut up." She snapped. He laughed and walked back to his bike. "You want to come with me?" He asked her and he grabbed the handles of his bike that had a plastic bag tied to the end of it. She thought for a second as she looked back the spot she had been sitting. "Sure." She replied as she walked over to him. They made their way down the side walk as the sky slowly started to grow brighter. "So, do you know what happened with Miki last night?" Nagatsuka asked Yuzuru. She glanced over at him. "Did Shouya tell you?" She asked. He shook his head. "He told me that they were going to hang out with Miki and Toshi and when I texted him how it went he started acting weird. I knew something must have happen." He explained. Yuzuru gave a little chuckle. "Figures. He's never been great about hiding things has he, you know even when he tries to all the time." She retorted. Nagatsuka laughed along. "That's kinda refreshing though. My old group of friends would hide things from me and I was always left. With Yosho I can always know what's up, at least most of the time. At the very least I can tell if he's okay or not." He explained with a far off look in his eye. Yuzuru sighed. "Lucky. Shouko has gotten pretty good at hiding things. And even if I do know what's up I almost never know how to help her. I'm pretty much a failure of a little sister." Yuzuru added in a melancholic tone. "Oh come on that's not true." He laughed. Yuzuru gave him a frustrated look. "It's true! Look how many sisters do you know would openly pretend to be their sisters boyfriend so a bunch of stalkers leave her alone?" He pressed. Yuzuru's cheeks flushed a little. "Well still!" She replied. Nagatsuka just laughed. "I haven't known Shouko for too long. But I think she knows how hard you try, and I think she really loves you for that." He explained with a kind smile. Yuzuru looked up at the orange sky. "In a way. I think I could say the same thing about you and Shouya." She added. "Wait really?" He yelled happily. "Don't make it weird!" She snapped. They continued to walk down the sidewalk as the sun peaked out from behind a few houses. "By the way Yuzuru." Nagatsuka began. She looked over at him to show she heard him. "How much longer do you think Yosho and Shouko will be?" He asked her casually. She turned back around. "What do you mean?" She asked looking the other way. "You know what I mean!" He snapped. Yuzuru laughed. "I have no idea. I honest didn't think it would take them this long." She replied. Nagatsuka sighed. "He's got it bad." Yuzuru sighed as well. "So does Shouko. It kinda hurts watching them fall over each other honestly." Yuzuru commented. Nagatsuka laughed and rushed up to a house and knocked on the door. After an old lady opened the door and happily too the bag he ran back over to Yuzuru. "Do you think one of them will finally just say something?" He asked Yuzuru. She shrugged. "Knowing them probably not. It'll get out eventually though." She replied and started walking back to the house. 

Narrator's point of view:

     Miki got everything ready and headed out the door to meet Naoka. She took the old path she used to in her elementary days and came across the building itself. Miki's heart clenched as she saw the old place. "I'm glad you actually showed up, Miki." Naoka stated from the old swings. Miki took a deep breath and walked over to her.