Afterschool

Shoya's point of view:

     Maybe I shouldn't be here. I mean, I'm sure Shouko is on a much higher level than I am when it comes to sign language, since well you know.

Narrator's point of view:

     Shoya instinctively looked over his shoulder at Shouko. More specifically her hearing aid. She had only one red one that rapped around her ear. It was much different from the ones she used to wear back in elementary, they were less strong, but more natural looking. Shouko usually made a point to hid her hearing aid behind her hair, always a little self conscious about it. She wasn't paying any attention to her hearing aid though as she watch the teacher intently. Well she wasn't paying any attention to her hearing aid til she noticed Shoya sneaking catching a glimpse at it. Out of instinct she quickly brushed her hair in front of her ear and looked straight ahead as if she didn't see Shoya looking at it.

Shouko's point of view:

     I have to be more careful with hiding. Shoya shouldn't have to see it right now. How embarrassing.

Shoya's point of view:

     You idiot why did you stare at it?! She probably feels awful now. The last thing I want to do is make her feel worse. Why did u do that?!
Anyway since I started so much later than her I'm obviously behind her in terms of knowing more, but maybe it won't be so bad if I learn it with her. I started learning sign as a way to make it up to Shouko, so I guess if I'm going to continue to make it up to her, then it makes sense to take classes with her. Maybe if I stay with it long enough we could even be on the same level, and with her knowing what I know it might be easier to talk to her. The more we learn the easier it will be for us to talk to each other. I think about almost anything else, I want to be able to talk to her.
Crap I'm not paying attention!

Narrator's point of view:

     The class went by relatively well and ended pretty fast. People started to leave as the class was dismissed. "Hey Shouko." Shoya said tapping her gently. "So uh... want to go get something to eat?" He asked slow in his normal voice and signed the best of his abilities.

Shoya's point of view:

     Wait! Does it sound like I'm asking her out? I just want to tell her thank you for letting me come! I don't want her to get the wrong idea. How else do I word that?!

Shouko's point of view:

     Shoya is always so kind. First he came to class with me, now he wants to take me out to eat? He's so sweet. I honestly don't deserve it. Wait, is this a date? No it couldn't be, Shoya doesn't like me in the way. I mean, if we were a couple he would have to spend so much of his time working around my,.... differences and the last thing I want is to inconvenience him. But he went through the trouble to ask me so...

Narrator's point of view:

     Shouko nodded with a sweet smile on her face. Shoya sighed a breath of relief as Yuzuru walked over to them. "I have homework that I need to get done. Mom will probably kill me if she knew how much I had after procrastinating on it. You two have though, just bring her back in time for lunch." She told Shoya with a hint of smugness to her voice, as if she were planning something. "Wait Yuzuru you know that this isn't a," "Why hello there young man. Never thought I'd see you again." And old lady said from behind him. She had been there the day Shoya tried to see Shouko again after not seeing her for years. "It's uh, nice to see you too ma'am." Shoya replies awkwardly. "It's just so nice that your so sweet to your girlfriend you g man, I was worried that she would never find anyone our sweet Shouko. She really is an angle, I'm so glad someone was able to see that." The old lady said happily. "Oh wait ma'am you misunderstand..." but before he could finish she walked away.

Shoya's point of view:

     Why does everyone think we're a couple today!?

Narrator's point of view:

     Shouko lightly tapped Shoya on the shoulder. He turned to face her as she signed to him, what did she say to you? Shoya went read a little in the face as he thought about how he would explain to her what the lady said, and the he didn't agree with it or anything. Yuzuru took this chance and signed, she said she thinks that it's sweet that Shoya is taking lessons with you. With you two being a couple it's a good thing. Shouko went red in the face as she tried not to act like she was startled or flustered over it.

Shouko's point of view:

     Do we really look like a couple to everyone else? This doesn't mean that he might like me, does it?! I don't think I would be all that great if a partner right now. No, it couldn't be, Shoya didn't look like he wanted to hear what she said. I wonder, if he, ever will.

Narrator's point of view:

     Shouko calmed herself down and walked out with Shoya. They planned to go to the same place they always do, to a pretty ok size mall not to far from Shoya's school. Even though they weren't calling it a date it looking at it as one, in a way, it kinda was. They both were together, side by side. And honestly that is the safest place for both of them