Late night talk

Shoya's point of view:

I can't believe I'm doing this. I'm actually staying the night! I don't think this is that great of an idea. Shouko has to still be at least a little mad after what happened today. If I hadn't left her she wouldn't have gotten yelled at. I should have been there for her. But I wasn't. Now as payment for that I get to stay at her house and inconvenience her and her family! It just doesn't seem right. I guess since they asked me to stay it's not that bad, but still.

Narrator's point of view:

Yuzuru leaned against Shoya pulling him out of his head. "Whatcha thinkin about?" She asked. "Oh, nothing really." He replied nervously. "My mom said it was fine with her. Thank you for having me over." Shoya told her. "It's really no problem. All we really have to do now is sleep. It's not like you haven't eaten or anything." She replied. "R-right." Shoya said thinking about how that sounded just a bit too blunt but not enough to be rude. Yuzuru walked Shoya into Shouko's room. Well part of it. The room was divided by a slide screen. Half was Shouko's room and the other half was Yuzuru's. The whole room used to be Shouko's, but she convinced her mom to let Yuzuru have the other half. Her mom was all for it after she figured out Yuzuru slept in the closet most nights. There was a small patch of blankets and pillows on a low yet soft mattress. The little bed was only a few feet from Shouko's bed. "This is where you'll be sleeping." Yuzuru told him.

Shoya's point of view:

Wait why does Yuzuru want me to sleep so close to Shouko?! Why does that bother me so much? I mean it really shouldn't. But it does!

Narrator's point of view:

Shoya's face got just a little red. "I'll be sleeping right there." Yuzuru said pointing to a bed just a little ways back from the divider that was now slid back, "So no funny business Sho." She said with a smug smile. Shoya's whole face went pink as Yuzuru laughed to herself. Shouko tapped Shoya on the shoulder and signed, What did she say? You do not want know. Shoya signed back. Please. She replied. Shoya went red in the face and signed, She said I was not allowed to do anything bad is the short way to say it. Shouko went a little pink in the face too.

Shouko's point of view:

What is Yuzuru doing! Why would she say that. Shoya would never do anything like that! Shoya is so nice. She better only be joking. Still, why does that thought?.. oh stop it Shouko it's not like that. But still.

Narrator's point of view:

They all settled down and started to try and go to sleep. Shoya laid on his back thinking about things as they came. Soft rain slowly started to fall from the sky. It was a calm atmosphere. Yuzuru was fast asleep by now due to the tapping of the rain on the window. Shoya looked over at Shouko's bed. It really was close.

Shoya's point of view:

I wonder if Yuzuru made us sleep so close on purpose? I wonder if Shouko's asleep yet. I wonder if. If she weren't. If we could talk a little bit before we got to sleep. Well I don't think talk is the best way to put it. Ha I'm such an idiot.

Narrator's point of view:

Shouko rolled over and looked down at Shoya. Her her soft yellow eyes met his bright green eyes. It startled both of them for a second. Sorry she signed to him. It's fine he replied. You no sleep yet. Why? He asked her. Thinking too much she replied. Shoya giggled to himself. Same he added. What you thinking about? Shoya asked her. Different things. Mostly today. And you? She signed. Same here. Today weird day. Shoya signed with a half smile on his face. But good day? She added. Shoya was a little shocked. But that shock soon turned into a warm smile. Yeah. Good, weird, day. Shoya day up to talk to her better as the conversation grew. How was school today for you? Shouko asked. Shoya embarrassed signed. It ok. Nervous most today though. Why? Shouko signed back. Nervous because sign school with you. Shoya answered honestly. Shouko smiled. You were great. Thank you for coming. She seemed to be just a bit flustered by the fact Shoya was nervous to come to the school. It was no problem. It was good. I have learned lot. I plan coming again. Shoya signed not even realizing his goofy smile. Shouko blushed bright pink. Thank you. Shoya was confused by why she thanked him, but blushed a little none the less. After that the top signed good night and went to sleep to the calm rain outside their window.

By the way Shoya is still learning sign language and that's why when he signs it's off.