The Beginning

Chen Xi looked at herself in the mirror and said: "Lan'er, do I look pretty?"

"Princess looks the best when she is getting married." Lan'er said with tears in her eyes.

"It's fine. Let's go." Chen Xi said as she got up and went into the carriage.

The carriage started to move and soon it was on its way to the Long Empire until someone said: "STOP!"

"Your Highness." the guard said as he moved aside.

"Lan'er makes sure Chen Xi gets this," she said as she handed her a glass of honey hard candy. "And tell her to write letters to me." she continued.

"I will Your Highness, I will protect her well," Lan'er said.

"Yes, make sure you do that." Her Highness said.

"Don't worry mother, I will be fine." Chen Xi said through the carriage.

"Yes please." Fu Ming, her Highness said with tears in her eyes.

"CONTINUE!" the guard said and the carriage continued to move.

The journey from Xi Empire to Long Empire was a total of 4 hours, without a break, they arrived at the Long Empire in the afternoon. Lan'er escorted Chen Xi to the wedding hall and the wedding started.

"First Bow." the man said.

Chen Xi bowed so did the man in front of her. Soon it was night time, Lan'er took Chen Xi to her wedding room and then left. Chen Xi left a loud sigh and the room door opened again. Chen Xi looked up and saw the shadow of the Emperor of the Long Empire. He walked closer trying to take off her veil until she flinched away.

"Am I that disgusting to you?" the Emperor said.

"No.." Chen Xi stammered.

"Don't worry, I won't touch you tonight." the Emperor said as he got up and left the room.

After the Emperor left the room, Chen Xi took off the veil and poured herself a cup of wine thinking it was tea.

"Wine?" Chen Xi asked herself before passing out.