Second Brother I

Chen Xi woke up and a towel fell on the blankets. She turned to her right and saw a bucket of water next to her so she placed the towel in the bucket. Just then the door opened and Lan'er came walking in with a new bucket of fresh water.

"Princess!" she said as she quickly put the bucket on the floor to feel her forehead.

"Not hot anymore, that's good." Lan'er said as she sighed.

"What happened?"

"Princess, you shouldn't scare me like that anymore. You know how-"

Lan'er's words faded but her lips continued to move, all Chen Xi heard was: "I'm doing it for you Chen Xi, you were only a tool for him. If I killed him, then you wouldn't be a burden for him. I'm doing this for your sake."

"No no no" Chen Xi said as she started to shake.

"What's wrong princess? Wait here, I'll go get the prince." Lan'er said as she turned around and walked out the room

"I'm dragging everyone down am I right?"

Soon later, the second prince walked in with Lan'er.

"Chen Xi, what's wrong? I'm here, your brother." Chen Xi's second brother, Jing Xi said.

"Brother?" Chen Xi said in a low voice.

"Yes, I'm here to visit you."

"Take me home, take me home." Chen Xi said as she grabbed Jing Xi's hand.

"Chen Xi, what's wrong with you?"

"Am I a burden to you?"

"No, you're not. You're not, you're precious to me and our whole family at home."

"Why did he say that then?"

"Who said what?"

"These days I keep seeing someone killing Father, but this time I saw Father killing someone. No not really killing though, I stopped him. But Father said -"

"Who cares about that, what matters now is the moment. Here, eat your favorite honey candy, you'll feel better." Jing Xi said as he handed a piece of honey candy to Chen Xi.

"Brother, will I...."

"Don't think of negative thoughts, you have all of us here, Lan'er, me, and our whole family back in Xi. If the Emperor doesn't want you, you can go back to Xi and follow your heart like before."

Chen Xi smiled and said: "Brother stills cares about me the most."

"How about we do what we always do but here?"

Chen Xi smiled and nodded her head.

"I'll wait for you outside, get ready." Jing Xi said as he left the room

Chen Xi smiled but it soon faded later.

"Princess, aren't happy that the second prince is here to visit you?" Lan'er said

"I am but the palace seems to feel a little colder than before."

"What do you mean?"

"Never mind, bring me my clothes." Chen Xi said as she smiled.