Plan in Action II

"You need to become Empress?" the Emperor asked.

"Having a higher status means that I can control everyone and there's this one person who I want to control." Chen Xi said.

The Emperor nodded his head and said; "Tonight 6pm Dragon Palace.'

Chen Xi smiled and said: "Gladly."

The Emperor got up and exited the room. After the Emperor left, Lan'er came in with the tray of treats.

"What happened? The general didn't allow me to come in saying to give you time."

"He's going to make me Empress." Chen Xi said as she smiled.

"Empress? That makes your plan so much easier." Lan'er said.

Chen Xi nodded her head, smiled and said: "Maybe the gods are on my side after all."

When it was 6pm, Chen Xi stood outside of the Dragon Palace and stared at the door outside.

"Guess there's no turning back now." Chen Xi said as she took a deep breath and opened the door.

Inside, the Emperor had prepared a feast on the table for the night. Chen Xi walked up to the table, looked at the food and smiled.

"You're here?" the Emperor said.

Chen Xi smiled and said: "Who cooked these? I doubt you'll know these dishes."

"The chefs." the Emperor said as he poured soup into a bowl and handed it to Chen Xi.

"Thank you." Chen Xi said as she accepted the bowl.

"These dishes are delicious!" the Emperor exclaimed as he took a bote.

"When does the Xi Empire have any bad food?" Chen Xi said smiling.

The Emperor's face turned red and he turned his head to avoid being caught.

"Is something wrong?" Chen Xi asked.

The Emperor shocked his head and guestered to continue eating. In the middle of eating, General Wang came in and whispered something in the Emperor's ears. The Emperor nodded his head, turned to Chen Xi and said: "I have to go do something to do, you should return to your palace."

Chen Xi made a disappointing face and then nodded her head. She left the Dragon Palace and saw Lan'er waiting outside for her.

"Did it go well Princess/" Lan'er asked.

"Don't know, I'm feeling tired, let's go back." Chen Xi said in a low voice.

When Chen Xi arrived at the Peony Palace, she laid on her bed and fell into a deep sleep.

"What's wrong with me?" Chen Xi said to a doctor.

"Empress, congratulations." the doctor said.

Chen Xi opened her eyes and saw the ceiling of her bed.

"Congratulations?" Chen Xi asked herself as she got up.

"What are you talking about this early morning?" Lan'er asked as she opened the door.

"I saw a doctor saying congratulations to me."

"Congratulations? That means that something good is going to happen." Lan'er said.

"But I don't think it's a good thing." Chen Xi said.