Long Li

After spending the rest of the afternoon in the city, they decided to go back to the palace.

"Princess, here." Lan'er said as she placed some treats on the table.

Chen Xi ate a honey candy and asked: "Lan'er, I feel like I forgot something."

"No princess, you didn't forget anything." Lan'er said.

Chen Xi nodded her head and said: "I feel sleepy."

Chun Xi and Lan'er walked out of the room.

"Is it good to lie to sister like that?" Chun Xi whispered to Lan'er.

"If she remembers the past, she would sacrifice her life again. I can't let her do that anymore." Lan'er said.

Early the next morning, Chen Xi woke up and decided to take a stroll around the palace. While she was taking a stroll, the maids and the guards were whispering and looking at her.

"Is there something on my face?" Chen Xi thought to herself as she entered a garden.

The garden was filled with various different flowers, in the middle of the garden there was a bridge that led to a table where people could have tea. Chen Xi stopped in front of the bridge and some memories began to flood back to her.

"What's your name?" "Xi'er."

Chen Xi held her head and fell to the floor.

"Who's there?" a voice asked.

The voice was familiar to Chen Xi, very familiar in fact as she just heard it a few seconds ago.

Chen Xi turned her head and made eye contact with the stranger, the Emperor.

"Consort Xi? You're awake?" the Emperor asked.

"Who are you?" Chen Xi said as she walked backwards on the bridge.

"You don't know who I am?"

Chen Xi shook her head no. There was a moment of silence and the Emperor smiled, the smile was different from how Lan'er would smile.

"I am the Emperor of the Long Empire, Long Li. Do you remember now? We were best friends, you can say."

"Best friends? If you're the Emperor does that mean..."

"Yes, did you forget? You were married to me as I got to know you better you became my lover and my best friend."

"Really?" Chen Xi asked.

"Why would I lie to you?"

Chen Xi nodded her head and then smiled.

"Then do you want to watch the sunrise with me?"

"You watch the sunrise?"

"You taught me to. You always said how you would watch the sunrise back in your hometown."

"Really? You do know me." Chen Xi said happily.

"Princess!" Lan'er shouted.

"That's Lan'er, I have to go now. I'll see you around Your Majesty."

"Call me Long Li."

Chen Xi nodded her head yes and walked away.

"Princess, where did you go?" Lan'er asked.

"I met a friend." Chen Xi replied.

"Friend?"

"No, more like my lover."

"Princess." Lan'er said, looking alarmed.

"What's wrong?"

"Stay away from him, the Emperor."

"What's wrong? You're scaring me."

"Princess, you hated him because.. because...."

"I hated him?" Chen Xi asked, laughing.

Lan'er nodded her head.

"He knows everything about me from what I like to do to what my deepest secrets are. There's no way I would tell someone that I hate that."

"Princess--" Lan'er said before getting cut off.

"Don't worry too much, I'll be fine." Chen Xi smiling.

"Besides Xuan'er is still waiting for us, let's go." Chen Xi continued as she walked forward and turned to Lan'er smiling. 

Message from the Author:

Hello Readers~

Happy New Year! May 2022 be filled with joy & happiness!