Empress Dowager's Birthday II

As the sun started to set, the Emperor and Empress Dowager walked back to the palace.

"Was it fun grandmother?" the Emperor asked.

Empress Dowager nodded her head and said: "Your father used to do this alot with your mother. When they came back, I would always scold them."

"Empress Dowager, the feast is ready." Empress Dowager's eunuch, Eunuch Zhang said.

"Long Li, everyone is waiting for us, let's go."

The Emperor nodded his head and they walked to the area where the feast was held.

"Is everyone here?" the Emperor asked General Wang

"Everyone except Consort Xi. Do you want me to get her?" General Wang replied.

"No, I believe grandmother would rather not see her." the Emperor said.

General Wang nodded his head. Meanwhile in the Peony Palace, Chen Xi was caring for Momo.

"I'm sorry." Chen Xi said to Momo as she patted her head.

"Princess, you said that a thousand times." Lan'er said as she brought a tray of food.

"I just don't want her to end up like Xiao Bai." Chen Xi said as she stared at the food.

"I think Xiao Bai was grateful for you to be his owner." Lan'er said as she took a piece of cake.

As Lan'er was about to take a bite of the cake, Chen Xi held her hand and said: "Why don't we go somewhere."

"Princess, you already went out today." Lan'er exclaimed.

Chen Xi sighed and said: "You're no fun."

'I heard that they are putting on a firework show for Empress Dowager, you can watch the show from a distance." Lan'er said.

"Firework show?" Chen Xi asked.

Lan'er nodded her head and Chen Xi said: "I know the best place to watch fireworks!"

Chen Xi changed into the same clothes she wore from the Lantern Festival and put on a mask.

"Why are you dressed like that? The festival is over Princess." Lan'er said.

"I want to meet him again."

"Him? Who's him?"

"A scholar." Chen Xi said after a long pause.

The Royal Family had gathered at the gate together to watch the firework show. Thousands of people had come together to take a glimpse of the Royal Family. Chen Xi took Lan'er's hand and ran through the crowds of the people.

"Look at those people." Empress Dowager said as she pointed to two figures running through the crowd.

"They look so excited." she continued as she smiled.

The Emperor looked at the figures she was pointing to and said: "Xi'er?"

"Xi'er? Who are you talking about?" Empress Dowager asked.

"Grandmother! I'll be back!" the Emperor yelled as he walked down the stairs to find the figure.

Out of breath, Chen Xi and Lan'er had arrived at the bridge.

"Princess..." Lan'er said breathing heavily.

"This is the biggest event of the Long Empire, if he was a scholar he should be somewhere here." Chen Xi said.

"Princess, like you said this is the biggest event, there are thousands of people. How can you ever find him?"

"Fate." Chen Xi said as she looked up at the fireworks in the sky.

"What a silly thing, are you going to divorce the Emperor then?" Lan'er asked.

"Who knows besides he might even have a lover. I don't want to be a mistress again." Chen Xi said.

Just then, Chen Xi's stomach rumbled and Lan'er laughed.

"You should've eaten something back in the palace." Lan'er laughed.

Chen Xi smiled and Lan'er said: "I'll buy some food, wait here."

Chen Xi nodded her head and continued to stare at the fireworks in the sky.

"They're beautiful for a few seconds." Chen Xi said to herself as she held her hand to the sky.

"Xi'er?" a voice behind her said.

Chen Xi turned around and faced him.