Coronation

"Lan'er!" Chen Xi shouted as she bursted through through Lan'er chambers.

"Princess?" Lan'er asked as she woke up and rubbed the sleep in her eyes.

"Where's Xuan'er?"

"Second Princess, she..she..she went back to the Xi Empire to help the First Prince." Lan'er stammered.

"Consort Xi, orders from the Emperor have arrived." a eunuch said.

"What does he want now?" Chen Xi thought as she stepped outside and kneeled before the eunuch.

"Consort Xi is virtuous and faithful, therefore she is promoted to Empress Xi of the Long Empire from the Emperor himself." the eunuch said as he handed the scroll to Chen Xi.

"Congratulations, Consort - no I mean Empress Xi for getting promoted." the eunuch said as he smiled.

"Thank you?" Chen Xi asked.

The eunuch took his leave and Lan'er said: "Don't marry him Princess, we have nothing to gain."

"Why did he promote me so fast? I don't have much memories being with him yet he knows so much about me."

"He wants to use you, the Second Princess told you this yesterday."

"We can't afford to go against him besides this is his country after all." Chen Xi said.

"So are you just planning to follow his orders then?"

"Do we have a choice?" Chen Xi said as she handed the scroll to Lan'er.

"Put it away?" Lan'er asked.

Chen Xi nodded her head and walked back to her chambers.

TWO WEEKS LATER.....

"Princess, are you sure?" Lan'er asked as she put a hairpin in Chen Xi's hair.

"You told me I hated him, he told me I loved him. I want to find out who's the winner of all of this." Chen Xi said as she stamped her lips.

"Empress, it's time for you to go." a maid who rushed into the room said.

"Let's go, trust me, I'll be safe."

"Princes...." Lan'er said.

IN THE CORONATION HALL

"ARRIVES THE EMPRESS!" the eunuch shouted as Chen Xi started to walk inside the courtroom.

Chen Xi walked to the front of the court and stopped in front of the steps that led to the throne where the Emperor sat. She looked up at the Emperor and saw him smiling ear to ear. She then turned around and looked at the ministers who worked for the Emperor, each of them had a disgusting face.

"Li Long...." Chen Xi said slowly as she looked up at the Emperor's eyes.

"What's wrong?" the Emperor asked.

"Do you love me?" Chen Xi asked slowly.

"Love?" the Emperor asked as he looked at Chen Xi then his ministers.

"Of course I do, why would I make you my Empress then?" the Emperor asked.

Chen Xi smiled then said: "What will you betray me one day?"

"Why would I betray you then? You are going to become My Empress." the Emperor asked.

"Yeah why would you?" Chen Xi said smiling then continuing to walk up the stairs to the throne

"May the Emperor present the crown." the eunuch said, handing the Emperor the crown.

The Emperor took the crown and then placed it on Chen Xi's head.

"From now on, Chen Xi will be named Empress Xi of the Long Empire." the Emperor said.

The ministers stared at the newly crowned Empress and then clapped after a long pause. Chen Xi took off the crown and said: "Rather than an Empress, I rather be a subject. Treat me like a subject if you wish."

The minister's eyes grew wide and began talking within themselves, never in history had an Empress wanted to be treated like a subject, a class lower than what she bestowed. Chen Xi was the first, she was planning to rewrite history in a never before way, the way of the Xi's.

After the coronation had ended, Lan'er walked up to the stage and asked: "Should I go fetch your treats?"

"No, I have other plans." Chen Xi said as she placed the crown on the throne.

"Empress, why leave the crown?" the Emperor asked.

"It doesn't suit me." Chen Xi said as she walked down the stairs.

"Shall I get the crown remade?" the Emperor asked as he scanned the crown.

"I rather not, the crown is a useless object for me." Chen Xi said as she left the courtroom.

"Your Majesty, this Empress is far more ridiculous than all of the other women in the harem." a minister said.

"Minister Hua, you better shut your mouth if you don't want your daughter to fall out of my favor." the Emperor said as he threw the crown to the floor.

"I want to see the day where you fall into my hands." the Emperor continued as he stared at Chen Xi's as she walked away.