First Night Together

"Chen Xi greets Your Majesty." Chen Xi said as she kneeled down before the Emperor.

After Chen Xi finished greeting the Emperor, Concubine Hua came in and greeted the Emperor.

Concubine Hua turned her head, faced Chen Xi and screamed.

"What happened Concubine Hua?" the Emperor asked.

"This ... this peasant woman stopped my carriage this morning, it gave me a heart attack." Concubine Hua replied to the Emperor.

"Peasant woman? Her?" the Emperor asked Concubine Hua as he pointed to Chen Xi.

"Yes, yes, Your Majesty. You have to punish her." Concubine Hua begged.

"Consort Xi, what do you say?" the Emperor asked Chen Xi.

Concubine Hua looked at Chen Xi in shock.

"Your Majesty, this isn't the reason why you called me here right? I heard that my Second Brother told you if I get hurt one more time, my parents will come here directly. You wouldn't want some horse tamers roaming around your kingdom right?" Chen Xi said as she stared at the Emperor.

"No, no. I called you here as tomorrow is Empress Dowager's birthday. Since Consort Xi is still unfamiliar with the palace rules here, I asked Concubine Hua to assist you throughout the progress."

Concubine Hua smiled at the Emperor and said: "Concubine Hua will gladly assist Consort Xi."

"No need." Chen Xi said to the Emperor.

"Why is that?" the Emperor asked back.

"Even though this is the Long Empire, I want to infuse my traditions here. Besides, what I do doesn't matter as the Empress Dowager already hates me. Her relationship with me doesn't matter, our relationship matters more." Chen Xi said as she stared at the Emperor.

"Now if you excuse me, I have better things to do." Chen Xi said as she got up and left the room.

"Emperor that's absurd! Consort Xi is an unfilial wife to you, how dare she thinks this is her Xi Empire, this is the Long Empire!" Concubine Hua said to the Emperor.

"Forget about it. You do you, she will take care of her stuff by herself." the Emperor said.

"Yes. Will your Emperor visit me tonight?" Concubine Hua asked.

"No, I have to visit someone else tonight."

Later that night, the Emperor had visited the Peony Palace. Lan'er ran to Chen Xi and said without breath; "The Emperor is here."

"Are you joking? Why will the Emperor be here?" Chen Xi said as she laughed.

"No Princess, he is really here. I think he is here to stay the night." Lan'er continued.

"Let him in."

"But princess.."

"I was wondering how I can get close to him, the gods are on my side." Chen Xi said to Lan'er as she smiled.

"It's too risky, what if he does something to you?"

"Then I have to brace myself for the outcome."

"Be careful..."

"I will." Chen Xi said to Lan'er as she welcomed the Emperor in.

"Your Majesty." Chen Xi said as she bowed.

"No need." the Emperor said as he helped Chen Xi up.

"Is everything fine?" the Emperor continued as he looked around the palace.

"Yes, everything is to my liking. Is Your Majesty going to stay here for the night?"

The Emperor nodded his head and Lan'er came in with some dishes from the Xi Empire.

"These are?" the Emperor asked as he pointed to some food on the table.

"Treats from the Xi Empire. Thanks to Your Majesty, I can enjoy these treats."

The Emperor smiled and said: "Anything to make you feel welcomed."

"Your Majesty, may I ask why you decided to come here tonight?"

"Those rumors make me feel bad."

"Rumors?"

"Well, they're not really rumors but facts. You didn't come to the Long Empire to get hurt everyday did you?"

"You can say not?" Chen Xi said as she smiled.

"If I stay here tonight the rumors can be proven false and my grandmother may somewhat like you better."

"I don't need your pity. Everyone had dark secrets that wouldn't want to be told, those rumors don't harm me either way. My dark secrets are far worse than those rumors, you don't have to care." Chen Xi said as she ate a piece of honey candy.

"What did you just eat?"

"Honey candy, do you want to try some?" Chen Xi asked.

The Emperor nodded his head and Chen Xi gave him a piece.

"They're delicious." the Emperor said as he smiled.

"These are my favorite, my mother would personally make these just for me."

"Your family sounds like a loving family." the Emperor said as he voice trailed off.

"No, my family is not loving at all. It may seem like it but Xuan'er is always suffering."

"Xuan'er?"

"You probably didn't know right, she was supposed to get married off but I saved her. Father wouldn't even call her name?"

"I never heard you had a sister named Xuan'er."

"That's a nickname, you probably heard her as Chun Xi."

"The youngest daughter?"

"Yes.."

There was a long pause until the Emperor stepped in and said:"The night is getting dark, let's rest up."

"You sleep on the bed, I'll sleep on the couch." Chen Xi said to the Emperor.

"No, I'm here to shut the rumors. Sleep on the bed." the Emperor said as he patted the bed.

Chen Xi nodded her head and laid next to the Emperor on the bed.

Message from the author:

Hello Readers ~

I am back after a long hiatus! The upcoming chapters have been written long time ago so the quality of these episodes are not that great.... On the other hand, I have some good news and bad news for you guys, good news: I have finished writing: "THE SOOTHSAYER" and it will have a total of 46 chapters including the epilogue! Sadly, the bad news is that the upload schedule will still be once a week as I still have so much going on at the moment so I need to focus on that first. VISIT MY INSTAGRAM FOR HINTS!!! I would really appreciate it if you would like my chapters or add my book to your library! Thank you for reading: "THE SOOTHSAYER!"

Instagram: z_en.writes