Chapter 19

I just started at him shocked, my heart pounded. "Say something" he sighed, "I have to get to work" I said looking down at the floor as I pulled the car door opened and got in.

He went around the car and got in. "I'm sorry I shouldn't of said that, I'm sorry I made you uncomfortable" he said as he drove out of the school. "No it's okay, it's just I was shocked and I need time to process what you said" I replied not looking at him.

"I think we should get to know each other more before we can take another step with our relationship" I said, "you're right, I'm gonna try my best to get to know you better" he said. "Don't force it Ryan and I want to get to know you too" I laughed out.

"I'll see you later" I sighed getting out of the car, "bye have fun" he said as I walked to the entrance. I smiled to myself as I got into my work uniform, how crazy was it that he liked me? I didn't have time to like boys and have crushes because I was too busy with Isa. But now it actually felt good to be acting my age.

It was the night of the prom and uncle Tony gave me the day off to have fun and get ready, he would also be babysitting Isa for the night.

I took a shower and washed my hair, then dried and straightened my hair when I got out of the shower. I curled the ends of my hair and pined some back before adding a gold head peice that had golden flowers and leaves. I applied a light amount of makeup and then pulled my dress on, I had gold heels and finished my look with the gold jewellery I bought. It was a pair of  gold diamond encrusted earrings that dangled on my ears, and a matching chunky necklace that was tick, it covered the exposed skin on my chest.

"Ryan are you ready?" I asked as I walked into the living room, I looked up and froze when I saw three pairs of eyes staring back at me. "What?" I asked looking at them, "Wow" Ryan said coming closer to me. "Mommy you look like a princess" Isa said, "you look very beautiful Bayliy" uncle Tony chipped in. I blushed at their compliments, "thank you" I said.

I looked to Ryan who wore a pair of black slacks and a coat, with a black shirt, his pocket handkerchief was gold to match my outfit. He looked so handsome. "Okay you two be good" I said to Isa and uncle Tony, "bye mommy have a great time" she said hugging me. "Bye baby" I kissed her cheek, "bye daddy" my steps faltered and I looked back at Isa.

She went up to Ryan and he bent down with a smile on his face, "bye princess, be a good girl okay?" He said giving her a hug. "I will" she said before he let her go. It warmed my heart seeing that, "go have fun kids, but not too much" uncle Tony said practically pushing us out of the door.

"Shall we?" He asked extending his elbow to me, "Let's go" I replied taking it. We walked out the door and when we got to the car he opened the door for me.

"That was really sweet, you and Isa" I said as we drove to the hotel where the dance would be held at, "oh yeah she asked me if she could call me dad and I already took the role I just need the title to it" he shrugged. "Thank you" I whispered looking at him, he looked back at me and smiled then took my hand in his and kissed the back of it.

When we pulled up to the hotel  there where a lot of cars with high school students pulling up, all decked out in suits and fancy dresses. It made me look down at my thrift shop dress that I had on, feeling self conscious. "You look beautiful Bayliy, a million bucks" Ryan said noticing my moment of doubt.

I smile at him, "Let's go have some fun" I said. We got out of the car and he held my hand the whole time into the ball room where the dance was set up. "Hey you made it, and you look so stunning" Chole said coming up to me as we entered, "thanks so do you" I said looking at her rose gold dress that had working from top to bottom.

"This is my date, William" she introduced us to a guy with curly blonde hair, "hi it's nice to meet you" I said shaking his hand. "Let's go get something to drink then hit the dance floor" Chole said cheering.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me along, while I held onto Ryan with my other hand. This was going to be so much fun.