Chapter 16

𝙇𝙄𝙉𝘾𝙊𝙇𝙉 𝙆𝘼𝙄𝘿𝙀𝙉

"What the fuck was that?!" I confronted Alessana. I asked her to come with me inside the dugout after my interview with her.

"What did I do?" she wondered aloud. Mas lalo akong napikon.

"Why did you fucking say that! I didn't text you!" I am so furious! If she was a boy, I would have punched her already.

"We have a lot of fans. It was a good stunt. Bakit ba galit na galit ka? I just hugged you!" she countered.

"What is wrong with you?! People are shipping us because you're leading them on to believe that we're together! Your posts and actions are misleading! Please, Aly, stop this! I'm doing your parents a favor by looking after you, because my parents are friends with yours. Pero 'wag mo namang sagarin ang pasensya ko," I shouted. I'm so angry! I'm already shooting daggers at her.

Miracle must have seen that! Ano na lang ang sasabihin niya? I asked for a good luck hug from her and I texted Aly as well? Fuck! Galit pa nga sa akin si Miracle, tapos dadagdagan ko pa. Hindi ko pa nga alam kung paano ko siya susuyuin tapos heto na naman.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. Hindi na mauulit."

"Make sure it will never happen again! Ayaw kong masira ang pagkakaibigan natin. So please, stop associating me with you, ever again!" I told Aly and walked away from the dugout. Agad akong bumalik sa court kung saan nagwa-warm up ang mga ka-team ko.

I am so frustrated. First, Miracle is mad at me. I don't even know why. Second, I am really nervous and I want Miracle to be here. I know she's busy but I just want her to cheer for me. I tried to understand her reasons, but sometimes I can't help but believe she's just trying to avoid me.

I miss her so much. I hate it when she won't talk to me. It reminds me of California all over again.

"Bro, ano'ng nangyari? Bakit gan'yan ang mukha mo? Focus bro, focus. Game 1 ngayon," Declan, our team captain, reminded me. He also tapped me on the shoulder, telling me to concentrate on the game.

But I knew I couldn't focus, dahil wala rito si Miracle. Sa lahat ng laro namin, Miracle only watched one game. And it's driving me crazy! Pakiramdam ko ay nasa US na naman ako. I'd never want to go back to that time.

Miracle calms me down. She's my comfort zone. I make it a point to see her before each of my games. It sounds creepy, but I would get up early and go straight to their house just to see her. I even have a duplicate of her room's key. I am already okay watching her sleep.

She has no idea that I would spend an hour, staring at her beautiful face. Okay lang kahit na antok na antok ako. As long as I got to see Miracle, it is all worth it.

Earlier, I woke up late. Pagod na pagod kasi ako sa training. I went to Miracle's house late kaya naabutan ako nina Tita Stellar. Luckily, they asked me to join them for breakfast.

"Cap, absent na naman kasi ang bebe ni Link, kaya malungkot 'yan," Carlos interjected. I just shook my head and started warming up.

"Sinong bebe? Si Aly? Ganda niya."

"Not my type. I have Miracle already," I thought aloud. Narinig ko na lang ang pagtawa ng dalawa kong kaibigan. They must have heard what I said.

"Miracle? Lopez?" Declan asked. I looked at him in confusion. He knows Miracle?

"How do you know her?"