Chapter 10

Photo of Jacob (jake) on the side

Chapter 10:

Alex's POV:

        I kissed Baila one more time before walking out to meet Jake. My best friend stood outside and waited for me with a huge grin on his face. It didn't take me long to notice his smell and the mark that sat on his collarbone. I smiled.

        "So you two finally did it? You're grinning like a fool man!"

        "What can I say? It was amazing!"

        "Dude...stop right there because I honestly do not want to know..."

        "Okay, I'll be nice this one time, but only because your mate is sick." We started walking to the pack training grounds.

        "I know man. I'm starting to get a little worried. She won't go see a doctor or anything and it's been four days. Normally, wolves don't even get the flu, and it never lasts four days, man."

        "Alex..." I looked at him as he stopped just outside the pack training field.

        "Yeah?"

        "Are you sure it's the flu?"

        "Well what else could it be?" He laughed, and looked at me like I was totally missing something. I thought hard. I couldn't think of anything.

        "Man, I guess I can't blame you. You were only like two when Juliet was born. Let me lay it out for you seeing as I have five younger siblings and know how this whole thing works. Maybe you'll catch on. You already know about the whole sex thing, I doubt I need to explain that to you obviously, but when two wolves do that for a while eventually the female can become..."

        "Pregnant." I cut him off.

        "Exactly."

        "You think, my mate is pregnant?"

        "Think about it man? Wolves don't get the flu, but female wolves do get..."

        "Oh My Gosh, morning sickness!" Jake nodded. "Man, I could be a dad!"

        "Scary thought right?"

        "Considering, she wanted to take the pill? Yeah..."

        "Dude, you were going to let her go on the pill?"

        "Yeah, I'm truly a nice mate."
        "Yeah you are. If Kelsey even mentioned it I'd shoot the idea down."

        "Dude, no you wouldn't have. It's the price of being whipped. You tend to want to make your mate happy and if that means her not wanting kids for a while then you won't have kids for a while." He sighed, he knew I was right.

        "Luckily, she didn't even mention it. She wants kids ASAP."

        "Lucky." He laughed.

        "Whose, mate is pregnant?"

        "We don't know yet. Plus she's blocking me right now. She must be sleeping."

        "Or with Kelsey. She was going to head over there."

        "Nah then she wouldn't block me."

        "True." We walked onto the field and greeted the fighters. "Dude, what time do you think we'll be done? Kelsey's wondering."

        "I dunno, probably around 6?"

        "Cool." He smiled and mind linked Kelsey back.

        With that, we started the combat training I promised Andrew I'd do. I'd rather be at home with Baila having her take a pregnancy test but hey, we don't always get what we want. My wolf was being impatient. I think he was just as curious as I was about the status of our mate. Jake sure got my hopes up though, I mean I wanted a pup with Baila so bad. I'd always loved the idea of her carrying my pups and now that that was a possible reality? I couldn't contain my enthusiasm.

        Jake and I trained for a good two hours non stop before we decided it was time for a lunch break. All the women that weren't training brought out platters of food and kids ran to play with their sweaty parents who had been training all morning. I smiled when I saw a dad pick up his two pups while his mate looked on with amusement. They had to only be two or three and it brought a huge smile to my face thinking that would be me and Baila someday.

        Just then nervousness flooded through my mate connection with Baila. I dropped to the ground on my stomach, as I felt her nerves and anxiety. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jake drop as well. Kelsey's emotions must be flooding too. He was down on all fours and looked at me. His face was unreadable. Panic began to flood through me.

        "Baila. Jake we need to go." Jake just simply nodded. We called the training session to an end and shifted, racing off toward the Alpha's house. I couldn't help but mind link Baila on the way.

        Sweet heart, are you okay?

        Alex? You and Jacob need to get here right away. I think Kelsey's over ventilating...We're both fine though, I promise.

        Are you still at the house?

        Yes, and Alex?

        Yes love?

        We need to talk...

        I kicked my wolf into overdrive at that. She sounded nervous, why would she be nervous? I wanted to get there as soon as possible. I ran as if my life depended on it. Which considering Baila was my life, it really did.