Chapter 2

EDITED! If you still find mistakes let me know in the comments section. :)

I will tomorrow probably. Leave me a comment if you can. I'd love to hear you guy's thoughts. <3

p.s. Sorry it's a little short but really important.

PICTURE OF ALEXANDER ON THE SIDE! :) 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 2:

        I said goodbye to my parents the next day. It was hard to tell them that a goddess was in my room last night and told me just to pack up and leave to save rejected wolves' lives. I doubt my dad truly understood, but he couldn't argue with Artemis. After saying my goodbyes to my pack I took the ring and twisted it. Starting my journey for the next who knows how long.

6 months later....

        "Wait! STOP! Don't do it!" I ran to the man standing on a roof edge. We were 20 floors up in a pack apartment building. Chances were slim that he'd live. A wolf could save you from a lot but a broken neck? Not even an alpha is that strong.

        "Why should I? I don't have a mate anymore. She rejected me! Me! AN ALPHA!"

        "Jonah! That doesn't mean anything. You can have another mate. You just have to wait and find her."

        "Another mate? You're Crazy!"
        "Yes, yes there is." I said, panting.

        "How do you know?"

        "Because Artemis told me." This finally got his attention as he sniffed the air and could smell her scent on me. I held out my ring and we both could feel the blessing of Artemis.

        "A second mate? How is that possible?"

        "No wolf deserves to be alone. Artemis wanted to help those in despair so there's two mates for every wolf. If you reject your first mate, you lose connection to that second mate. If you are rejected, your connection to that second mate grows."

        "How do I find her?"

        "Why don't you get off the ledge and we can talk?" His eyes went wide as he noticed he was still standing there and he climbed down. "According to Artemis, you're looking for a rejected mate in the nearby packs."

        "Well, then we'll invite all rejected mates to a ball on friday." I took a breath of relief. Another life saved.

        "That sounds like a plan."

        "Thank you. I don't know what would have happened if I had...." I nodded at the young Alpha. He was only 20.

        A week later I was sitting in the middle row of yet another wedding. This one was on the beach in California for Julie and Jonah. Julie was Jonah's mate, they met at the pack ball that Jonah hosted. They both were so happy to find each other they couldn't wait to get married. It was definitely the quickest wedding I've ever seen thrown together. They even got all the alphas but one in California to go. Even at that though, the last Alpha was scheduled to arrive later tonight.

        "I, Jonah Abbot, take you, Julie Stone, to be my wife, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our friendship and love you today, tomorrow, and forever. I will trust you and honor you I will laugh with you and cry with you. I will love you faithfully Through the best and the worst, Through the difficult and the easy. What may come I will always be there. As I have given you my hand to hold So I give you my life to keep So help me God." I smiled at Jonah. He swore to me he was going to cry. So far, we were tear free.

        "I, Julie Stone, take you Jonah Abbot, to be my husband, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our friendship and love you today, tomorrow, and forever I will trust you and honor you I will laugh with you and cry with you. I will love you faithfully Through the best and the worst, Through the difficult and the easy. What may come I will always be there. As I have given you my hand to hold So I give you my life to keep So help me God."

        With that, they exchanged the rings. Jonah started crying just as Julie slid the ring on his finger. Soon after, the rest of the party was in tears and the best man and maid of honor were completly sobbing. After the rings were exchanged the officiant declared that Jonah could kiss his wife. He pulled back the veil and gave Julie the kiss of her life.

        As I sat there, I saw the love in Jonah's eyes and I couldn't help but want that as well. It was every wolf's dream in life, to have a mate to love you and take care of you and to bare pups with. A tear slipped from my eye as I thought of Seth. He was probably baring pups with Wendy right now.

        We were all dismissed to the reception. It was held in a large meadow in the middle of their territory. The she wolves had decorated it all in blue and teal, the brides choice of colors, and hung lanterns in the trees for light. Overall, it was absolutely breath taking. Everyone danced and ate food and had a great time. Jonah even managed to shove a huge slice of cake into the brides face. We all laughed as she returned the favor. Even I danced a few times with random unmated males. It wasn't until I sat down and rested that something bad happened.

        Just as I smelt the most amazing scent in the world, possibly better than Seth's, my heart began to burn and break. I started scratching at it as my wolf began to frenzy. She howled in agony as I screamed. A tall, blonde haired, male ran up to me and tried to restrain me so I wouldn't hurt myself. It felt like I was having a seizure. Jonah came running up and finally showed up in my line of view.

        "Is she a rejected mate?"

        "Y...yes." Jonah stuttered. He didn't know what to do. My body wrenched on the ground and all I wanted to do was claw my heart out it hurt so much.

        "Her mate just fully mated someone else." The man sounded agonized. It was as if me being in pain physically hurt him as well.

        "Alexander, what do we do?" cried Julie. "How did you survive it when it happened to you?"

        "Let's get her to a bed. I'll wait with her there."

        "Man, you okay?" Jonah asked. Alex had tears in his eyes and a small smile on his face.

        "Jonah, she's my mate."

        "You're second chance mate?" Jonah asked. His eyes went wide. He nodded.

        By this time, my seizure had stopped and I just laid on the ground whimpering. My chest was sore and the only thing that kept me from passing out was the smell of the man, Alex, near me. Finally, he brushed my hair back and quietly told me to let myself pass out and that he'd take care of me. I nodded and sucumb to the darkness and relief.