Chapter 18

Okay guys this is the last chapter of this book!!!!!!! I know I can't believe it either! Yes, there is a sequel and a third book (can't remember what those are called or isn't there some special name for it? WHO KNOWs! haha) But any way...The second book is going to be Seth's story then the third I'm not telling you haha jkjk pm or comment it you really want to know. So I hope you guys like it. If you don't/do feel free to comment and if you liked it please VOTE!!!!!! It's really encouraging as an author if y'all do that

Thanks,

Love you guys <3

Cate

P.s. Sorry this is so short I didn't want to drag it on.

p.p.s. For the amazing comments through the whole book (yes, I do read and often reply to every comment that is left) I really think Portdebras deserves a dedication. Thanks for all your fun comments they were great sorry I didn't get a chance to read them till now.

OK! Triple p.p.p.s LOL I wrote this book back in 2012-2013 before tik tok was even a thing! (Yes it makes me feel old 🤦‍♀️). So any names or any of that has no relation ok????? I'm sorry for picking a name that would upset or anything it's pure coincidence. Tbh not a fan myself but still love the name 😅

Chapter 18

Alex's POV:

    We walked into the room and my breath left me as soon as I walked in. There sat my beautiful mate holding two bundles. I was a little more than confused when I saw the pink and the blue hats, sitting on top of them. They were crushed, I heard them die myself, how could they still be alive? My mouth hung open as Seth pushed me forward with a smile.

"Go say hi to you mate and children, eh?" He chucked. I just nodded speechlessly.

"Rachel said if she could get the two in the back out, she might be able to save them. He didn't press as hard as he thought he did." She said quietly. "The other two though..." She trailed off, crying. I pulled the three of them into a hug and rubbed Baila's back as I choked back my own tears.

"Shh...it's okay. I'm so sorry sweetie. I wasn't able to save them." She breathed my scent in, calming herself. My heart still hurt knowing I wasn't enough to protect my family.

"It's okay. We have two at least, two very healthy children whom we will love and cherish." I nodded.

"Of course, I'm so proud of them already."

"You want to hold your son?" I grinned, with tears in my eyes as I picked up the blue bundle in Baila's arms. He had my eyes and hair but his face was all Baila. "He looks just like you." I chuckled.

"Let's hope he inherits my leadership qualities, after all, he's the next alpha of the pack." Baila couldn't help but grin tiredly at them.

"Yeah, I'm sure they'll be fine. I mean they are our kids." We chuckled together.

"I'm just happy you're all fine." Seth added. That's when Baila finally noticed he was in the room.

"Thank you Seth. We really owe you one."

"No need. I felt like I owed you for the way I treated you that first night. I just hope you find it in your heart to forgive me." Baila smiled and pulled him over into a side hug.

"Consider it already done."

"Really?"

"Seth, You saved my mate and I and got him to come back out of his funk. Honestly, I think things turned out well in the end and I don't need to hold a grudge. Actually, It'd surprise me if even Artemis held a grudge against you anymore." I smiled and nodded, agreeing with every word she said.

"Thanks, Baila. I think with that, I might head to sleep. It's been a long few days." We all laughed at that.

"My Beta, Jacob, would be more than willing to see you to a room." Once we were alone I turned to Baila with excitement as we looked down at the twins.

"What are we going to name them?" She asked me enthusiastically.

"I don't know. What do you think?"

"I kinda like Addison Rae. I think it's pretty and strong just like she is."

"Yeah, I like it, and how about Zane Eli for the boy."

"It's perfect. The perfect name for an Alpha."

"Yeah. Addison and Zane." We both grinned.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Baila's Perspective:

    Things were quiet after Alex and the babies went to sleep. I couldn't help feeling like things were finally starting to fall into place. I mean I had my beautiful family, two of my children were okay, even Seth was on the rise to being better. Speaking of Seth. I gently climbed out of the hospital bed I was in and tiptoed out into the hall, spinning my ring as I went. When I got out there Artemis stood with a wide grin on her face.

    "Hey girl, long time no see." She said with a light hug.

    "Thanks. I gotta admit it's been quite the roller coaster." She nodded her head with a somewhat sad smile.

    "I know, and I truly am sorry for that. I wish I could change the fates but somethings are even out of my control."

    "I know, and I would never wish for more than you've already given me. I take it you had a hand in the Zane and Addison surviving."

    "I couldn't let you go through all that you've been through and lose all your children on top of that. I'm so sorry I couldn't save all of them."

    "It's okay. While we would've loved to have quadruplets, we're just as happy to have twins." Artemis grinned.

    "You truly are an amazing person Baila."

    "Thanks, I do have one more question though."

    "Oh? What would that be?"

    "Seth." She looked at me somewhat confused.

    "What about him."

    "What does he have to do to earn the chance at his second mate? What does he have to do to earn Redemption?" She smiled at me.

    "He just has to search for her." With that she disappeared into the dark and I stood there with a knowing smile.