Chapter 5

Okay, this is short yes, but you find out a lot about what happened to Alex. 

___________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 5:

        After we said goodbye to Jonah and Juliet, Alex loaded all our stuff into the car and we set off. It was about a two hour drive to the edge of his territory then a three to four hour drive to his house. All in all, it was going to be a long day for me. At least, Alex said he'd make dinner for me when we got home. A hot guy cooking, that was always something to look forward too.

        "So," He said as we drove along in his black, Jeep Wrangler.

        "Yes?"

        "You never did tell me what pack you're from."

        "OH! I'm from Silver Water, it's in Michigan."

        "Wait, you're Andrew's daughter?" I smiled and nodded. "He's my dad's best friend! How is it I've never met you before?"

        "My dad's OCD when we have guests. My mom does the Luna stuff, and I get put in my room for the evening. He didn't want me finding my mate too early." For werewolves, if your mate is over 18 and you aren't he/she will recognise you. Then the wolf in the younger mate is awoken early.

        Gotcha, well I can understand that. My dad was the same way with Julie. Then when she got rejected, I was positive that he would kill the guy."

        "If you don't mind me asking, what happened to them?"

        "Why did he reject her?"

        "Yeah?"

        "He was in love with a human. He went as far as to seek out a witch to kill his wolf so he could be with her. They now have a baby and a nice little house and we are happy for them even though it came at the expense of my sister's heart."

        "Oh,"

        "Yeah, so what's your rejection story? I mean I know a little, but like the full story?"

        "Only if you tell me yours?"

        "Of course!"        

        "Basically, my dad threw me this huge party in our house just for my birthday. With him being the Alpha they save no expense in extravagant gatherings. We had a DJ, a huge dance floor, a bar..."

        "Whoa, Whoa, Whoa. You drink?"

        "Duh." He laughed.

        "My mates a rebel."

        "Well, it was my eighteenth birthday and my parents were home. It was fine."

        "Mhmmm...sure." I playfully shoved him. "I bet it was hot."

        "Don't you wish you could have seen it." He nodded and laughed. "Anyway, back to the story."

        "Yes."

        "So, they threw me this gigantic party. We invited wolves from all around our area. All unmated of course. I think all in all, there were only eight mated couples out of two thousand or so people."

        "Damn."        

        "Yeah, my house was packed. So at midnight obviously, I found my mate and we went into my dad's office to talk. No one enter's an Alpha's office, so I assumed we wouldn't be bothered."

        "Yeah, as an Alpha, I can attest to the fact that no one wants to be in there." I laughed.        

        "The only words he said to me were 'are you good in bed?' That's literally it. So then we started arguing and talking about whose opinions need to change. Then he said he'd make it easy and just rejected me, then and there. I was humiliated. Then to put salt in the wound, he left my party with the school slut. That's when Artemis came and gave me the job. I've helped over eighty wolves in the past ten months. A total of forty-five pairs, and attended forty-three weddings, forty-four if you count Jonah which makes it forty-six pairs."

        "Forty-Seven."

        "What?"

        "You've helped forty-seven pairs."

        "How would you know?"

        "Us." I laughed.

        "I guess that true. Alright, forty-seven pairs." We both laughed our heads off. "So what happened to you?"

        "I met my mate when I was eighteen and half. She lived in the pack next to mine. The Washington pack, Black Snout. Creative name, I know." I smiled. "Rebecca was attractive..." he stopped to think for a second. "I mean, she was cute. It's difficult to describe I guess."        

        "Okay, me compared to her."

        "In all honesty, compared to you she's just ehhhh..." I laughed. "You're nice, oh and let's not forget hot!" I laughed so hard I almost fell over. "and honest."

        "Okay, back to the story." I said quickly, blushing.

        "My dad was visiting the pack and she was with the Alpha's son. We walked in and I knew right away she was my mate. However, she swore I was wrong, when we were in front of everyone. When we were alone, she kissed me and then rejected me."

        "That's terrible!"

        "It get's worse. When she rejected me, she told me she was in love with the Alpha's son. She told me that he was going to mark her as soon as she found and rejected her mate. The worst of it was, she was already carrying his pup. Not mine, like she was made to do. She was carrying another wolf's." He said it with disgust. I truly couldn't blame him. To decide you don't want your mate and love another. It was terrible and highly frowned upon in werewolf culture. "When I told my dad what happened, he was outraged. He told the other Alpha that he was going to cut all ties with their pack. Surprisingly, he couldn't blame us. He said he'd do the same thing if he had to watch his son's mate, mated to another."

        "I am so sorry."

        "It's okay, I have you that's all that matters to me." I smiled.

        You're ready. My wolf called to me, she was referring to mating.

        No, I don't think I am.

        Okay, I'm not going to push this matter...it's your call.

        Thank you.
        "Baila?" Alex looked over to me.

        "Hmm?"

        "I love you, so much." I smiled.

        "I love you too." He leaned over just a little to kiss me and I met him halfway then we heard a horn honk. Alex swerved back into the lane and we continued driving, both of us laughing hysterically.

___________________________________________________________________________

Comment and Vote!