Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

        The music blared as my friends and I danced on the dance floor in the middle of my four story mansion. We were all giggling and joking about who my mate would be. It was my 18th birthday and in 20 minutes, we were going to find out who was my perfect other half. The missing piece to my life, the yin to my yang. I just needed to figure out who it was.

        "HEY! Girl, it's almost midnight! Are you excited?!?!"

        "Of course I am!! I'm just scared he'll reject me...."

        "C'mon. You're beautiful and the Alpha's daughter. If he's here he'd be stupid to reject you." My best friend, Kelsey, exclaimed and gave me a hug. She spoke the truth somewhat, I was the Alpha's daughter. That in itself made me somewhat desirable because whoever was my mate it would make them very strong once we completed the mating process. As for the beautiful part, I wasn't super model gorgeous, in fact according to the overly popular girls in my pack, I was a little chunky. However, to them, being healthy was being chunky. I was healthy, I didn't starve myself like they did,        

         "Yeah, It'll be okay." I replied to my friends.

        "30 seconds to midnight."

        I stood on the stage and waited for the clock to bing. As soon as it did, a delectable smell entered my nostrils and before me stood Seth Weathers. My heart sank, he was a dirt bag from my pack. However, maybe having a mate will straighten him out. We greeted each other formally. I then pulled him into a nearby empty room to talk.

        "You're my mate?"

        "Yeah, I suppose I am." Seth shrugged rudley. This was going splendidly.

        "Anything to say about it?"

        "You're good in bed, right?"

        "What?"

        "Granted you're a little chubby, but I'm sure we can fix that as long as you're good in bed. Right?" He said it like it was obvious.

        "Is that all I am to you? A lay?"

        "Well, that's what a mate is."

        "No, no it isn't. They're you second half, they complete you. The one person you love more than anything in the world!" Seth laughed.

        "Obviously, you need to change your opinion and get a harsh reality check."

        "It's not an opinion. It's a Fact! I think it's you that needs the reality check. We're mates for crying out loud."

        "Okay, well then I'm going to make this easy. I reject you."

        "Excuse me?"

        "This is a joke, I'm going to find someone else." He said bluntly.

        "Seth what are you saying?"

        "I, Seth Weathers, reject you, Baila Daniels, as my mate forever and all eternity unless you thus chose to take me back." my mate said the official words of rejection.

        My heart burned and wrenched, my wolf screeched and howled inside me. Seth walked out and slammed the door behind him. I could hear laughing outside and Kelsey rushed in followed closely by my parents. They all looked at me with pity as I laid on the floor in a heap. Tears flowed freely down my face.