Chapter 16

Okay, Don't hate me for the ending okay? This isn't the end of the book yet, just to let you all know lol. 

P.S. Seth's character changed to Will Poulter, I thought he was a better fit than what the other guy was

Comment Vote! :)

Chapter 16

Baila's POV

        "Or, maybe, you can walk forward out into the courtyard, Luna." I look behind me to see a middle aged looking rogue with a gun pointed at my back.

        "Niall, I presume?" He glared at Seth and I.

        "I see my jail mate doesn't have a shut trap, now does he?"

        "Did you really think I wouldn't tell them as soon as I knew?"

        "Now, Why don't we just sort this out like civilized people and go on our merry way?" I said calmly. That's when Alex and a whole lot of fighters, including Jacob and Kelsey, showed up in our dining room.

        "Baila!" Alex yelped.

        "Alex. This is Niall..." I introduced.

        "Oh my gosh!" Niall sneered at him. Alex's face shone bright with recognition.

        "Alex? Do you know this guy?"

        "Remember how I told you my mate got pregnant by another wolf?"

        "Of course I do."

        "Their pack started to fall apart shortly after that. After we cut ties with them, a lot of other packs cut ties with them. It didn't take long for their pack to break apart and people to leave. Some even joined our pack. The former Alpha, his son, and Rebecca were reduced to rogues. She ended up coming back and begging for my forgiveness but the damage was done. She rejected me. I couldn't just forgive her for that.

        Shortly after, Rebecca and Connor, the Alpha's son, died. They were killed in a fight with other rogues over Rebecca. Their child didn't make it either. Soon after that, the Alpha's mate rejected him and no one knows what happened to her, she-"

        "She wasn't my mate!" Niall snapped.

        "You're the Alpha." I quickly put together.

        "Yes, you idiot. I'm the alpha. And the woman that gave me my amazing son, yeah, she wasn't my mate. I rejected her. She was a weakling, a pathetic excuse for a woman. Then she just had to go and meet her second mate obviously he took her in a second and when I asked for her back I was made the bad guy."

        "Wait what?"

        "I don't see why you're the biggest, baddest Alpha in the country. You are really stupid. Your parents never told you? Even after your mate rejected you?" Alex froze.

        "What are you talking about?"

        "Your mom was my first mate. She rejected me when I asked for her back. Yet, she was the one who got another shot. SHE REJECTED ME! NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND! That's why my son had to get your mate pregnant. We knew that she was weak and would fall for anything especially when we put some of your smell on him. By time she realized her mistake, it was too late. She was mated to him and had to reject you. Your dumb line would end there. But no, Artemis gave you another shot too. So, finally, I'll put an end to you line once and for all."

        He pointed the gun at me but Seth was quicker on his feet. While he was talking Seth moved closer to the two of us. It didn't take him long to dive for the gun and wrench it out of Niall's hand. I breathed a little easier and Alex made for us as I was about to pull away, but my arm was caught in an iron grip. Niall slammed my back against his chest and put a hand to my stomach. The pups. We all froze.

        "A little birdy told me you were pregnant, huh Luna." I squirmed in his grasp.

        "None of you damn business." I spat at him.

        "Why twins? Right?" I looked at Alex. He couldn't know we were having more than two pups.  "Why Alpha? We should play a little game, shouldn't we?"

        "I'm not much of a gamer." Alex growled. His wolf was surfacing. They didn't like what Niall was getting at. Especially when it concerned me. Kelsey growled and Jacob got in a ready position along with Seth.

        "Oh, but I think you are." He looked at Alex with a sickly sweet expression. Then his eyes fell on Jacob and he laughed. "I hope you two know that the minute you lunge for me, your Luna is dead."

        "Why do you say that?" Jacob asked. Just like that twenty wolves came in and surrounded us. Great, we were out numbered. That's perfect.

        "You lunge for me, they lunge for you and their first order of business is to kill your Luna. How do you think that will end?"

        "What?" Alex finally said, defeated. "What do you want me to do?" His eyes looked deep into mine.         They showed me how afraid he was in that moment. My heart ached as I just wanted to be near him.

        "Shall we see how many bones I can brake on your wife? Or your pups?" My eyes went wide. "I'll give you thirty seconds to decide." My eyes went wide. My pups, I had to protect my pups, at any cost.

        Me. Me. Alex, you have to choose me. I mind linked him.

        Baila, we can always have more pups...

        Alex, no, you can't do this to me. What if there's damage? What if we can't have any more pups? You and I have wanted this for so long. I'm begging you, do not let him take this away from me. Alex you can't.

        Baila, if he punctures anything inside of you then we may never know. You could die, then our pups wouldn't live anyway. I'm sorry but I need to think of you first in this situation. I don't have a choice.

        There's always a choice Alex. Please. Do not take this away from me.

        I love you, Baila. With all my heart. I already lost Rebecca, I can't lose you too.

        Tears streamed down my face and my wolf and I connected to all four of the precious heartbeats that went off inside me. They were beating so fast in anxiety and terror. It was as if they knew what was about to happen. My heart broke in that moment. I couldn't let them go knowing they were terrified. 'Mama and daddy love you all so very much.' I thought to them, I let my thoughts flow through the mind link as well, that way Alex could hear what was going on too. 'Don't ever forget that okay? You two girls I'm sure would be beautiful and I'm sure you two boys would be as strong as you dad.' I looked into Alex's eyes and he looked like he'd rather be shot a million times then do what he had to do in this moment. After hearing their terrified heart beats it calm down at the sound of my voice I nodded to him. They were at peace, that's all that matters.

        "I want to keep Baila."

        I couldn't contain my weeping when he said that. After we went through the ultrasounds, the nursery, everything, we were just going to lose them to a maniac. Niall snickered behind me. With one swift move there was distinct crushing noises as he shoved his fist into my stomach and rubbed it around roughly. I crumpled over in pain both mentally and physically. Niall just let me drop as I screamed in agony.

        "The thing is Alpha, when you play a game, never play with a rogue." A gunshot rang out and things suddenly went black and I felt a burn in my chest. The last thing I could feel and hear was fainting heart beats and the sounds of wolf pups, crying in pain as I struggled to breath along with them.