24. Touch

"Yuzu, why do you drink so little?" Lilith asks as she chugs another glass of wine. Seeing such vulgarity makes Yuzuru flinches. He still hasn't finished his glass of wine. He takes a little sip every now and then, but it seems he only plans to drink one glass.

"This wine has quite high alcohol percentage," Asami Clark states after tasting hers, putting her glass down. "Zuzu is a lightweight."

"That's right," Javi laughs. He intentionally bought the wine with the highest alcohol percentage, but even that wasn't enough for him. He's the complete opposite of Yuzuru, who couldn't handle alcohol and usually avoid it. However, Javi, Lilith, and Asami are all strong drinkers. "Yuzu is a wimp!"

"Habi!" Yuzuru protests. "You're just a barbarian!"

"Hey!"

They all share a laugh. All of them, except Reika. It was getting late, and she's sleepy. Sleepy at this time... how lame, Rei, she thought as she sips her grape juice. She uses the same wine glass as everyone else, but the inside is grape juice instead.

While everyone is still talking, Reika sneaks to the kitchen and put her drink on the counter. She wanted to throw it away because she didn't want to drink anymore, but her heart didn't let her to waste any food or beverage.

"Reika?"

Surprised, Reika turns to that voice. "Oh... Javi-san? What are you doing here?"

"Don't mind me, I just wanna make myself some nice cocktail." Javi says as he opens the fridge. "Yuzu! You still keep the rum I gave you, right?!"

"I never touched it!" Yuzuru shouts from the living room, answering. "Honestly, bring it back home with you! Reika and I don't drink!"

Not wanting to disturb Javi, Reika goes back to the living room and sits down next to Yuzuru, completely forgetting her grape juice.

"You guys wanna play cards?" Lilith asks out of the blue. Asami raises an eyebrow meanwhile Javi suddenly appears from the kitchen. "OOHH I'm down for some poker!"

"Yikes, I'll just be the dealer." Yuzuru chuckles. "Reika, watch. Watching these guys gambling are pretty entertaining."

Reika doesn't know what to respond but nod. Unexpectedly, Yuzuru went to the back and came back with a set of cards and a box of chips. I didn't know we have that. As if hearing Reika's thoughts, Yuzuru explains himself, "We play cards a lot."

Javier takes out another bottle of liquor from his bag. "We're entering the big league now, folks! Whoever loses the round drink a shot!"

"Vodka? OOOOOHHH You're on, brother!" Lilith excitedly shouts, while Asami just laughs in the background.

These people are going to be so drunk.

After sharing the chips equally between the three, Yuzuru distributes the cards. "Habi, we'll start with you."

Javi looks at his cards with a poker face. "I'll bet one chip."

Lilith takes the challenge and pushes one chip forward. "Call."

A chuckle escaped Asami's lips. "You guys seem to have a good hand... but it would be boring to fold so early, wouldn't it?" When every pair of eyes are on her, Asami Clark playfully pushes all of her chips forward. "All in," she whispers.

"Ck, you madwoman." Yuzuru sighes. "Alright, reveal your cards."

***

Reika is sleepy. It was fun to watch them playing at first, but she doesn't know a single thing about how poker works so she's clueless most of the time. With her eyes half open, she walks to the kitchen and see two identical glasses on the counter. Which one is mine...