25. Lavender, again

cw // sexual harrassment

By the time the party was over, they were too drunk to do anything, let alone driving home. Except for Yuzuru who only drank one shot to replace someone's punishment, the rest of them were wasted at the couch. They would all have to spend the night. Asami actually holds her liquor well, she was only tipsy by the end of the night, even though Javi and Lilith passed out already. Regardless, as the night is late already, Asami chose to lay back and snooze off as well. 

Before Yuzuru brutally wakes her up, of course. 

"Ugh!" Asami grunts, but sitting up anyway. She opens her eyes in annoyance, glaring at Yuzuru who doesn't seem to care. "What?!"

"Wake up." Yuzuru says to Asami as he glances at the blond girl snoring on his sofa. "Take Lilith and go sleep in the guest bedroom."

"Ah," Asami's expression softens immediately when she hears the name Lilith. Carrying Lilith on her arms is not something hard for her. Asami stands at 170 centimeters and as a doctor, she cares about her health and fitness a lot. Thanks to her workout routine, carrying Lilith, who has a petite figure, is no big deal. "Goodnight then," Asami scoffs to Yuzuru before carrying Lilith out of the living room and into the guest bedroom, where they'll be sleeping.

As for Javi...

Yuzuru's forehead wrinkles as he think about what to do with Javi. He doesn't mind sharing a bed with Javi, but it's already late at night and he's tired. Carrying Javi to his bedroom would be too much effort. His best friend is heavier than him, after all.

"Meh." There was no guilt whatsoever in his heart when he chose to leave Javi sleeping on the couch.

***

What's next, Hanyu?

He's getting old.

You should retire.

Jump!

Quad axel? With those ankles?

Will you make a career as a coach?

Retire.

Retire.

Before you ruin your own name.

Those voices echoed in Yuzuru's head in his sleep, making him woke up in cold sweat. It's that nightmare again. He's tired of this, really. He thought it would shut everyone up when he won the Olympics again, but now everyone either obsesses over his future plans, or straight up said he should retire while he's still at the top. This is exactly what he doesn't like about being a competitive figure skater. Why should I explain myself to those ISU assholes?  Those people should be grateful that he raised the bar for the whole sport, yet why is he the one feeling restless?

"Can't sleep?"

Yuzuru turns his head to the soft voice coming from his door. With the dim lights, he has to squint his eyes to properly identify the person standing at his door. "Why are you here?" he finally asked.

"Mhehe." She playfully tilts her body to the side, making her shirt drop and expose her shoulder. Her apparent collarbone is showing clearly as well, as her shirt has the top buttons unbuttoned. Red blushy cheeks and azure blue eyes, she looks exceptionally pretty within the dim lights of that night.

Yuzuru quickly lowers his gaze, not wanting to look at the exposed skin. "Get out, Lilith."

Lilith twitches at his voice and laughs, "I love when you call my name!" Though Yuzuru has his gaze on the floor, he can feel Lilith not listening to his request and instead walking closer. Lavender. He can faintly recognize her perfume. The matching lavender perfume Asami bought for her, the signature smell of both of them.

But tonight, that lavender scent is heavily covered by the reekingsmell of alcohol oozing out of her, something Yuzuru can't stand. "Lilith, it's late. Go back to your room. Is Asami asleep already?"

"Mmhn, why are you being like this?" Lilith whines, caressing Yuzuru's cheek softly before slapping him in the same cheek she just caressed. Her eyes suddenly look angry, glaring at Yuzuru who took the slap in silence. "Asami?! Why are you asking about Asami?!"

"ANSWER ME!" Lilith pulls his hair and force Yuzuru to meet her eyes. "Why? Are you in love with her?"

"Lilith," Yuzuru pushes her away, steadying his breath. "Lower your voice if you don't want to wake up the others. I'm not in love with Asami, goddamnit!"

"Then why are you pushing me away?" Lilith cries, her blue eyes streaming crystal-looking tears.

"Because I'm married!" Yuzuru almost shouted, frustrated. Lilith is always like this when it's only the two of them. One second she's being sweet, then she'd get mad at the tiniest wrong thing he said. But he couldn't be mad back, because then Lilith would cry with those azure blue eyes, making Yuzuru feels like he's the most terrible person on earth. It's always like this.

"Exactly!" Lilith sobs, "Why, Yuzu? Why did you suddenly got married? Do you not care about me? I'll just die, then!"

"I—" Yuzuru's too stunned to speak. Lilith has been secretly flirting with him for a while, but he never thought of her more than simply a nurse at the TCC. A friend, at most. But then a few weeks ago, after Yuzuru was done with his training, Lilith made a move on him against his will. He was exhausted from the training and recovery, he had no energy to resist immediately. Yuzuru managed to pushed her away eventually, but by that time, Lilith had already succeeded to leave a mark on his neck.

That goddamn hickey. When Reika came to see him, guilt was torturing Yuzuru on the inside. He knew that it's not his fault, but who would believe him? He couldn't tell this to anyone. Not when Asami, his close friend, is in love with Lilith. Not when Lilith is adored by everyone in TCC. Not when Lilith threatened to kill herself.

But tonight... tonight Yuzuru decides that he's in control of the situation. Lilith is drunk, he makes an excuse for her in his head. Right. She's being like this because she's drunk. Don't overreact, Yuzu. Convincing himself that Lilith is only being like this because she's drunk, Yuzuru forces the crying woman out of his room.

Lilith tried to fought back, even the whole time when Yuzuru carries her to her room. But when he finally manages to return her to the bed, lying next to Asami, Lilith stops her actions.

Yuzuru takes a deep breath afterwards. Even though they shouted quite loud earlier, it seems like everyone is still asleep. Good, he nods to himself. He took control tonight. Right. Yuzuru sighes once again before patting himself on the back. This is fine.