12. Wish

Yuzuru don't mind the hugging. He's the one who initiates to to it first, he knows. But when Reika hugs him back and squeeze him tight, he can't help but wince at the pain of bruises all over his body being pressed. Hearing that, Reika immediately pulls herself from the hug. Her wide eyes, still wet from tears, look at him with worry.

"What's the matter?"

He sighes. "I tried to jump a quadruple jump today and fell. As a results, there's a few bruises on my body. It's nothing. " Yuzuru brushes it off, but Reika doesn't look convinced. "Is that why you asked for the Salonpas patches?"

"Yes."

Reika takes the patches from the table and hands it to Yuzuru. "Put it on now, before it gets worse."

"Now?" He repeats, his eyes widening. "Right now?"

"Yes, now!" Reika shoves the patches on his hand. She knows this happen to atheletes all the time, especially figure skaters, who are very prone to injuries. But she still can't shake off the feeling of worry.

Yuzuru takes the patches from her and awkwardly removes his shirt. Reika blushes when he does, but she calms herself in seconds. She then can see clearly the bruises. Most of them are on his back and ribs, but there's one on his neck too—the one she saw when they got home.

There's so many. That thought saddens her for a moment. Until when will he keeps this up, risking his body everyday to make his country proud?

Yuzuru puts one patch on his ribs, but he couldn't reach the bruises on his back. He awkwardly tries to extend his arms, but keeps failing. Seeing that, Reika couldn't hold back her chuckles.

"Let me help you put it on," Reika finally says. She took the patches from his hand and sits behind him. When she looks forward, she suddenly falls silent. In front of her... is Yuzuru's bare back.

She saw his chest when he was shirtless at the locker room, but now she can see closely how muscular his back is. His skin is flawless even on his back, and muscles looks like it's sculptured by Gods. Reika can feel her cheeks getting hot as she realizes Yuzuru Hanyu has the most beautiful back she has seen.

Reika softly touches him, and the spots where his bruises are. She couldn't see his face, but Yuzuru's eyes widen from the touch. His skin is sensitive to the contact and all the little hairs on his body rise from their pleasant slumber. The ache all over his body dissipates as the warmth of Reika's fingers came in contact with his skin and the patches finally stick on to his skin, right where his bruises are.

His eyes flutter close, the sensation makes him wants to stay like this forever, almost forgetting the situation. Reika tilts her head in confusion when Yuzuru doesn't move at all. "Yuzuru-san? It's done."

"Ah," Yuzuru snaps back. He shakes his head chaotically to get a hold of himself before putting on his shirt again. "Right. Thank you."

"Please don't fall again in the future," Reika pouts. "I don't want you to get hurt."

Yuzuru lets out a laugh. "Well, I don't want to fail my jumps either, do I?"

"Promise me!" she insists.

"Hm... I'll try my best not to fall, okay?" Yuzuru offers a warm smile.

Reika nods, satisfied of the his answer. "Ah right!" she spouts. "This afternoon this girl Zhenya-san talked to me. She seemed to think I'm Saaya-neesan."

"Neesan?" Yuzuru squints his eye, not understanding where this is going. "How come she thinks you're Neesan?"

"Well... I said to her that my name is Reika Hanyu."

"Aahh.." Yuzuru rubs the back of his neck. "That's supposed to mean that you're Mrs. Hanyu, not Miss Hanyu. I don't like misunderstandings. Should I tell her you're my wife?"

Reika thinks about it for a few seconds, but she eventually shakes her head. "No, I should make it right and tell her."

"Okay," Yuzuru nods. "So you're coming with me to TCC tomorrow too?"

"Ah, about that..."

Yuzuru stretches his body, he looks tired. He's probably exhausted from all those training, she thought. Reika thinks about what she can do for him, and then blushes when her mind thinks of something.

"Yuzuru-san." She gave her lap a pat, smiling as if both composed and embarrassed at the same time. Yuzuru's cheeks reddens when he realizes what Reika offers to do, but obediently, he lies down and settles his head on her soft thighs.

The moment his smooth hair brushed against her skin, Reika let out an enticing "mnn", but soon proceeded to stroke his head delicately.

Yuzuru has watched the scenes of the heroine offering the main character to sleep on her lap in animes, he always thought it would feel uncomfortable, but now that he's experiencing it himself... This is heavenly, he thought. This must be witchcraft.

He can feel chills down his spine when Reika's fingers thread through his locks. Oh how he wishes time would stop.

"Yuzuru-san," Reika whispers, her voice sounds as soft and graceful as butterfly wings. "About tomorrow... Can we not go to TCC?"

He closes his eyes, "You want me to not train?"

"Un, you shouldn't train with all those bruises." Reika keeps running her hand through his hair. "You said you want to "make it right" earlier, right? Take me somewhere nice. I'm bored being at home everyday."

"Hee..." Yuzuru smiles teasingly. "So you want to go on a date with me?"

"A date?" She repeats shyly, but doesn't deny. "That.. that's... I—"

"Okay. I won't train tomorrow." Yuzuru grants her wish without thinking twice. "Let's go out for a date."

Author's note;
Hello everyone! I know quarantine is boring as heck, so I try my best to give you guys chapters as often as possible ^^

I hope you enjoy this chapter as well~ what do you think about it? Please comment your thoughts!

Btw, do you guys have any ideas abt where yuzu and reika should go on their date?🤔

As always, stay happy and comfy