3. Tired

Some visual moodboards for this chapter, enjoy~

"Wedding ceremony"

"Wedding reception"

"Wedding reception"

Reception was very tiring and energy-draining

Reception was very tiring and energy-draining. Reika smiled for hours, greeting guests, sat til her butt felt like stones, surrounded by people she barely knew.

Smiles.

"Thank you for coming"s.

A few times, she stole a glance at her husband. Yuzuru Hanyu looks so calm, smiling and thanking people, like he's used to it. Well, in a way, he probably does, she thought.

And then when the press came. Oh God, when the press came. Camera flashed everywhere every second, while so many interviewers asking questions at the same time, shoving mics to their mouth, demanding to be answered first. How the hell do Yuzuru Hanyu deal with this all the time.

At dusk, both of them were told to go to their rooms and rest for a bit. She thought the event is over and they're done for today, but she thought wrong. After about half an hour, they told her to take a bath and then dress her again.

Before, they wore traditional Japanese wedding outfit; a yukata with a lace hoodie and super long sleeves for Reika and a hakama for Yuzuru. But now they're going for the western style, it seems. She wears a beige wedding gown, with layers of silk and velvet hem, and no sleeves, which expose her shoulders and colar bone. She feels uncomfortable because it shows a bit too much skin, but nevertheless she keeps her mouth shutted and walk out with a bouquet of flowers her family told her to hold.

As she and Yuzuru sit on the grand seat once more, they look at each other, not even trying to hide it now. Yuzuru has changed his outfit from his traditional hakama to a black suit, contrast to her white gown. He looks tired, but his face still shines.

"N–Nice suit," she smiles.

Yuzuru sweeps through her outfit once more and smiles back, which makes Reika's heart skips a beat. "You look very beautiful."

She screams in silence.

"Yuzu! I can't believe you're actually getting married!"

Both of them turns at the source of the voice, and while Yuzuru smiles so wide and jumps happily, Reika gives her formal smile, for she doesn't know who the man is.

"Nobu!" Yuzuru hugs the guy, and quickly introduces him to Reika. "Uhm, this is Nobunari Oda, a close friends of mine."

Reika rises up and they bow at each other before shaking hands. "Nobu, this is Reika."

Ah. Reika freezes. This is the first time Yuzuru Hanyu mentions her name. Usually he just refer to her as 'my bride' or 'Fueguchi-san'.

"Oohh, Miss Bride is blushing!" Nobu laughs. "Ii ne, Yuzu. You got a good one."

"She is," Yuzuru says, which makes Reika looks at him in shock. Did Yuzuru Hanyu just agree that I'm a good bride?

"Nani yo, sono kao?¹" Yuzuru chuckles. "You're not that bad. But what a shame you're like, a kid. So don't even think about it."

Reika smiles. Now that's the cold Yuzuru I'm used to.

"That's mean, Yuzu." Nobunari Oda shakes his head in frustration. "Reika-san, Yuzuru is indeed a sadist, but deep down I'm sure he actually really likes y— Ouch! That hurts, what the hell?!"

Nobu glares at Yuzuru, who pretends to be innocent and look around. "Oh look, Nobu! Your wife's looking for you!"

"Shut up Yuzu she's not." Nobu says as he rolls his eyes, not fooled by Yuzuru's little tricks.

"Oh yeah, she is ooohh there she is. She's looking upset! You might want to check her out, buddy. Shoo, shoo~"

And with those obvious expelling and a few forceful pushes, Nobu is no longer in sight.

Uncontrollably, she chuckles. "What's that about, Yuzuru-san?"

"Psh," Yuzuru shakes his head. "Let's focus on the event now. I know we both want this to be over as quick as possible."

"Tell me about it," Reika says sarcastically as she stretch her aching body. "I just want to go home and get a massage or something."

Surprisingly, Yuzuru nod in agreement. "Yeah, same. Shall we go to a spa tonight, then?"

"Hontou?"

Yuzuru sighs and rolls his eyes, "You take me for a liar? Besides it's not just for you, you think my body's not aching? My body isn't in its fittest condition in the first place. Olympics, remember?"

"Pff, Yuzuru-san, you're such a tsundere." Reika laughs, she somehow feels not so awkward around Yuzuru anymore that she can laugh at him. Her husband pouts, which makes him looks even more adorable.

The event drags on for a few more hours. By the time that they're done, it's ready late night and both of them were very tired and sleepy. The thought of going to the spa together isn't even there anymore, all they want right now is to collapse on the bed and sleep til tomorrow afternoon. But Saaya Hanyu and Reika's parents have another plans for them. For their first night together as a married couple, Reika will spend the night at the Hanyu residence with Yuzuru. Reika was told take a bath in Yuzuru's bathroom that connects to his bedroom, where they'll be sleeping, while Yuzuru takes another bathroom near the kitchen.

Reika was told to take a long bath, they even prepare her bath water with herbs and rose petals. Confused of what's the occasion, but she tries to enjoy it.

And my god when she undresses and get into the bathtub, the water feels so good. "Is it because the herbs?" she mumbles as she relaxes her body.

As the water soaks her tired body, she's getting sleepy.

"Ah," she shakes her head. "I musn't sleep here..."

She leans her head on the side of the bath tub and  her vision's getting blurry. At the end, she couldn't fight her urge to sleep. In the tub, naked, in the bathroom, Reika Fueguchi falls a sleep.

.

Nani yo, sono kao?¹ : what's with that face?

I changed the cover! What do you think?
Also it's been months since I published the last chapter im sorry:"D