15. Hands

Yuzuru drove to a mall in the city. They parked in basement and walked inside. On their way to the mall, Reika had told him a bit about her. Though not much, that made Yuzuru smile. At least he knows her favorite things now; food, drinks, color, game, and anime.

"What do you want to do first?" Yuzuru says as he puts on his mask and glasses, to make sure he doesn't recognized.

"Eh?" She returns the question. "Didn't we come here to do grocery shopping?"

"Well," he rubs the back of his neck. Reika notices that Yuzuru does that a lot, especially when answering questions. "I mean, yeah... But if you want to do something else first that's fine too."

"Hehe," Reika couldn't help but chuckles. Yuzuru-san is such a tsundere. "Can we go to the cinemas, then? There's this one movie I want to watch!"

Yuzuru looks at her and raises an eyebrow. "Cinemas? They don't have Japanese subtitle here, you know."

"I know, don't worry." Reika nods. "I want to watch an anime movie. It's called Maquia."

"Okay, let's ask the information centre what floor the cinema is." Yuzuru walks to the information centre with Reika following behind him. The woman behind the table smiles at the two of them, "Hello, what can I help you?"

"Hi, may I know where the cinema is? Thank you." Yuzuru asks in English with his heavy Japanese accent, which startled Reika. It's the first time she hears Yuzuru speaking English. And she must say, his voice while speaking English is very different with his Japanese voice. Usually he talks fast and he sounds a bit raspy, but when speaking English he talks a bit slowly and sounds so soft and velvety, like a pudding cake.

"Oh, it's on the fourth floor. You will see it right away if you take the elevator."

"Okay, thank you very much," Yuzuru thanks the woman before walking away while holding Reika. "Let's go, Reika."

"Woah, Yuzuru-san," Reika couldn't stop being surpised at the change of his voice. "This is the first time I hear you talk in English."

"Oh God," Yuzuru facepalms, burying his face in his hands, embarrassed. "I sound so different, don't I?"

"...Yes." Reika holds her chuckles. "It's cute, though."

Yuzuru doesn't give any response as they look for the elevator, but Reika wonders what kind of face is he making. Since she walks behind him, she couldn't know.

They enter the elevator and Yuzuru presses the button to the fourth floor before standing back next to Reika. They keep their silence as the elevator went up, but then the elevator stops at the second floor to pick up more people. As more people come in, Yuzuru and Reika have to stands closer and closer because of the narrow space.

The elevator stops again at the third floor and a few more people comes in, making Yuzuru and Reika ended up standing facing each other with absolutely no space between them. She wants to take a step back, but her back is already touching the elevator wall. Reika closes her eyes, embarrassed. Her face is flushed with pink and Yuzuru has to look up to distract himself from the fact that their chest is touching each other.

He can smell the scent of her hair. Roses.

As Reika's face is aligned with Yuzuru's shoulder, she can once again smell his scent. Just like the night before, it's a mix between his natural body odor and mint perfume.

Both of them sigh in relief when the elevator door finally opens and people at the front start walking out. Yuzuru quickly takes a step back from Reika to give a little space between them and they took a few seconds to take a breath before walking out together.

Reika looks down as they walk. She can still feel her face hot and is too shy to look at Yuzuru with a red face. Yuzuru seems to notices that, so he asks for her hand.

"What is it?" Reika asks when she look at Yuzuru offering his hand to her, still keeping her head down.

"Give me your hand, or you'll get lost walking while looking down like that." Yuzuru's voice has his usual flat tone, but somehow at this moment now it feels...warmer.

Reika keeps her silence as she gave her hand to him. His hand holds her hand softly, as though she's something precious, something fragile that needs to be treated with extra care.

And as they walk into the cinema, all Reika sees is how Yuzuru's hand delicately clutching hers.

Author's note;Sorry for the short chapter! My eyes have been feeling uncomfortable staring at screens :(

Author's note;
Sorry for the short chapter! My eyes have been feeling uncomfortable staring at screens :(

I hope you guys like this chapter🥰
if you do/don't, please comment what you think!
I read every single comments you guys made and no cap they really are what motivates me to write ( )╯♡