Chapter 23

"You never did tell me how Mingus took to you and his dad dating," Liz said as we were standing in my room just hanging out for the first time since getting back to school about two months ago. "That was like two months ago," I said looking over at her and laughing. "Yeah well you never told me what happened," she said laughing too, "and I didn't get a chance to ask because we had to get back into the work. So how did he take it?" "He took it great actually," I said smiling, "said he was glad it was me and not someone else. He was more afraid that the new girlfriend wouldn't like me and would make me never come around them again." "Awe," Liz said smiling at me, "that is just the sweetest thing ever!" "Yeah well to say I was nervous as much as Norman was when his son walked in as we were discussing telling him was an understatement," I said laughing as I laid back on my bed with my feet dangling over the edge of it.
I smiled up at Liz as she was talking about something to do with school, a dance or something I'm not sure, as I laid there with my hands on my stomach until I felt the urge that's been bothering me for the past few days. "Not again," I groaned out as I quickly jumped up and ran out of my room with my hand over my mouth. "Stephanie are you okay," Liz asked as she finally found me in the bathroom, leaning over the toilet as I released my stomach's contents into the bowl. "Yeah I'm fine," I said once I could speak and stood up wiping my mouth off, "just some bug that's all." "How long have you been throwing up over a bug," she asked as I flushed the toilet and walked over to the sink and dug through my medicine cabinet looking for my tooth brush. "Just a few days," I said as I finally spotted it, "it'll go away soon."
I went to grab my tooth brush when my hand stopped mid-grab as I spotted something else in the cabinet. "Aw shit," I groaned out as I grabbed what had caught my attention instead. "What's wrong," Liz asked from behind me as I turned around, my tooth brush forgotten in the medicine cabinet. "I think we might have a problem Liz," I said as I held my hand out to show her what was in my grasp, my box of birth control. "It's your birth control," she said looking at me confused, "what's wrong with that?" "Liz I've been so stressed with school that I've failed to take this for the last two months," I said as I looked up at her. "So you mean," she asked but stopped. "There's only one way I know of to find out without going to an actual doctor's office to see," I said as I turned and placed the box back in my medicine cabinet and walked out of the bathroom.
My parents were out on an anniversary date tonight so I didn't have to hide my small bag that was in my hands from the drug store we had drove off to about thirty minutes ago. "Okay so my parents shouldn't be home till late," I said as we both walked to the bathroom and I took the boxed pregnancy test out of the bag and sat it on the counter just staring at it, "so we should have enough time for me to take this and find out, then figure out what the hell I'm going to do if it's positive." "You are going to tell Norman though right," she asked looking at me as I glanced back to her, "it's his baby too you know." "Yeah I know," I said before I shooed her out of the bathroom so I could take the test. Once I was done, I sat the test on the counter and walked out of the bathroom to head to my room where we set a timer on my phone and just waited.
"Stephanie stop shaking," Liz said wrapping her arms around me after a moment when I basically started rocking the bed with how bad I was shaking. "Sorry I'm just scared," I mumbled as I looked down to my hands, "what will Norman say? What will my parents say when they find out? They don't even know I have a boyfriend." "I'll help you figure it out as we go," she said just as my timer went off on my phone. I looked over at her worriedly before standing up and slowly walking to my bathroom again. When I reentered the bedroom, Liz was still sitting on my bed and I was looking down at the test in my hands. "Well," she asked and I finally lifted my head up to look at her. "Looks like I've got some explaining to do," I said and even though I was scared to death, Liz and I both couldn't stop smiling.
"Stephanie you know you have to tell Norman," Liz said as we sat outside in our usual spot at the school during lunch, "I mean I can understand why you're a little hesitant on telling him. Hell I would be too if I had to tell Sean. But Norman still has a right to know." "I'm not keeping this from him Liz," I said nibbling on my food, "I just got to fully wrap my mind around it before I can tell him. I'll tell him, you don't have to worry about that. I'm just more worried about what my parents will say and do." "Fuck your parents," she said furrowing her eyebrows, "you're eighteen, a legal adult. They can't do jack shit to you for this. This is your baby and Norman will help you take care of it. Besides I bet Mingus would be thrilled to be an older brother."
I rolled my eyes just as the bell rang, signaling the end of lunch. "Promise me you'll tell Norman," she asked as she helped me up off the ground before we made our way to the doors. "I promise I will," I said smiling, "just not today. I really do need time to accept this information. Look at it from my point of view. I'm still in high school and I'm pregnant with my teacher's baby." She nodded before turning and walking down the opposite side of the hallway while I turned and headed back to Norman's room. Most people probably think it would've been awkward for me to sit in his room like this, twice in one day, and keeping the fact that I'm pregnant from him. Actually it wasn't, I just didn't think about it and didn't keep myself away from him as if I was ignoring him when I never would.
At the end of the school day, Liz and I waited outside by my car like normal, just talking about what was going to happen now. When Norman walked up to us with Sean, we dropped the subject and greeted the two for a few moments, just enjoying their company before going our separate ways to head home. I dropped Liz off at her house and she wished me good luck with figuring out how in the hell I was going to tell my parents and Norman that I was pregnant. Sighing as I pulled out of her driveway, I drove the remaining five minutes it took to get home in silence as I just thought about how I was to tell my parents first because they'd find out before Norman did, especially if they went snooping through my things. But when I got home, both my parents were sitting on the couch, waiting for me. "We need to have a talk Stephanie," my dad said as soon as both he and Mom looked up, my used pregnancy test in Mom's hands and tears in her eyes.

Yes the pregnancy thing is a bit overused but I like writing about pregnancies, so sue me. Anyway I have now completely finished writing for this story *cries* and shall have it fully posted by the end of the week.
- Kenz