Chapter 3

“You really think he was flirting with you,” Liz asked as I just simply played with the food I had in front of me, no longer hungry. “I honestly don’t know,” I said not looking up at her. “Don’t tell me you got that thought running through your head again,” she said suddenly as if reading my mind. “What thought,” I asked playing dumb. “The it’s so wrong because he’s a teacher and you’re a student thought,” she said as I looked up at her to see her hands on her hips. “Is it that obvious what I’m thinking,” I asked and she just smiled. “Well no,” she said, “it’s just because we’ve been best friends since forever and I basically know your thoughts.”

“Oh whatever,” I said laughing as I pushed her so she’d fall back onto the grass and we both started laughing just as the bell rang for the end of lunch and the start of fourth period. “Well go have fun with your soon to be favorite teacher,” Liz said jumping up with a wink then running off. “Bitch,” I called after her as she just simply flipped me off, causing me to bust out laughing. Well gotta go there sometime, I thought to myself as I stood up and brushed my jeans off and picked up all my things. As I made my way back to his classroom, I finished off the apple I had been nibbling on during lunch.

I walked into his classroom and made eye contact with him, but for only a second. I felt my cheeks flushing again and quickly turned, making my way to the very back of the classroom to see on the table that was pushed against the wall. When the bell rang and all the students settled down in their seats, he began the introductions, even introduced me to the class. I nodded to everyone as they looked back then sighed in relief when they quickly looked back to Mr. Reedus. I watched as he talked to the class, basically said the same things he said to my class, only for the freshmen. I pulled out my papers when I began to get bored with listening to the same story again and just began doodling more.

I’d look up every now and then when I felt like I was being watched and sure enough, I was. Every time I’d glanced up and look around, I’d meet the same blue eyes that seemed to pull me in deeper each time I caught them. I didn’t understand this feeling I kept getting when I realize each time it’s him that was watching me. It wasn’t exactly nervousness or uneasiness that I was feeling. Don’t know what it was, really never felt it before. Rest of the time, I just tried to ignore the feeling of being watched because I already knew who it’d be that I’d see was doing the watching.

The day couldn’t end fast enough to me. I just wanted to get home and try to forget about the looks I kept getting from Mr. Reedus. I didn’t see Liz anymore, only had one class with her for today, Mr. Reedus’ class. “There you are,” I heard Liz’s voice shout down the nearly empty hallway, “been looking all over for you. Did you forget you’re driving me home today?” “No,” I said smiling and shaking my head, “just had to do a couple things before I could leave. Come on let’s get out of here. This school always gave me the creeps when it was almost empty.” “Yeah you and me both,” she said laughing nervously as she linked her arm with mine and we began making our way outside to the student parking lot.

“You know he kept watching me in fourth period,” I whispered as we walked to the car, didn’t want anyone to overhear us, “well not watching but glancing. Like every five minutes or so. It was kinda weird but it didn’t seem to bother me.” “Ooh girl I think he might actually like you,” she said smiling widely then the smile got even bigger when something off to my side caught her attention, “now who drove that beautiful thing to school today?” I looked over at her confused then looked in the direction she was looking to spot a beautiful motorcycle sitting in the parking lot.

“Oh wow,” I said as we both came to a stop and just stared at it. That was another thing that made me and Liz best friends. We both absolutely loved motorcycles. “Ladies what are you both still doing here,” a voice said causing us to jump. When we turned around I was drawn in by the same beautiful blue eyes that had been watching me all day. “We were just leaving Mr. Reedus,” Liz said smiling at him as he glanced at her then back to me. “Well, have a good day you two,” he said smiling at us and nodding his head as he made his way to the lonely motorcycle. I bit my lower lip and turned quickly trying to hide the blush coming across my face as I walked over to my car.

I glanced back over at him when I heard the bike start up and just watched him drive by us. He nodded his head to us as he went by and I know my cheeks were burning with a blush afterwards. “Oh my God,” Liz said looking at me from across the roof of my car, “if Mr. Reedus didn’t have enough points for you before then he sure as hell should have them now. Girl he’s got a fucking motorcycle!” “I know,” I said as I still continued to stare at where he had disappeared at, “but he’s still a teacher.” “Man screw that,” Liz said and I looked back at her, “he a guy and you’re a girl. You both obviously like each other. Why fight? Huh?”

I shook my head at her and climbed into the car and waited for her to climb in as well. “C’mon don’t fight it,” she said after a few minutes, “give it a try. If nothing happens at the end of the week, then forget what I said. But you have to try.” “Okay fine,” I groaned as I pulled up to her house, “I’ll try but if nothing happens then just shut up about him. Okay?” “Fine,” she said smiling, “if nothing happens then I’m taking a crack at him.” “No you stay trying to get with Mr. Flanery,” I said smiling and sending her a wink, “I’ll see you tomorrow Liz.” “Bye Stephanie,” she said smiling and waving as I packed out of her driveway and headed to my own home. Till the end of the week, I thought to myself, that’s all.